t.ridden's L series - Scooby

Hi all

Having been lurking around on the forum for plenty long enough and just about to get stuck into an EJ swap into my beloved little red wagon, I figured it was about time i started my own thread!
Saves me hijacking everyone else's with my questions and eeps you guys up to date :iconwink:

So, introducing Scooby -

I bought the 'old girl' in early 2012 while looking around for a first 4x4 of some sort, mainly for bush camping, rally marshalling and the occasional beach run. I was tossing up between a suzuki sierra/jimny or an L series and this one came up at the right price. My family had a white L series while I was little and we've always had Subarus, so I guess it was in my upbringing :p. I found her on Gumtree in a break between lectures at uni and by that night I had a deposit down!

When i bought her, she had roof crossbars, aluminium roobar with Narva 150mm spotlights and 14" desert rat wheels, but otherwise stock.

Since I've owned her, I've added:
Roof basket with another pair of Narva 150 spots.
Moved front spotlights in front of the bar to reduce glare.
- I've actually gone through a few spotlight setups but this is my current one
LED camping lights in the boot and on the hatch.
LED interior light (best thing ever).
Fender flares to keep Constable Care happy with the offset rims.
Deleted center muffler (courtesy of a hidden rock) which gives a very nice note and no noticeable difference in power.
Numerous small dents on the undercarriage (needs bigger tyres...therefore i need a lift kit!)
A few scratches from bushbashing, but hey, thats what its for.

As she is now (but with a different spots setup)
DSCN0050_zpscd9cc459.jpg

DSCN0038_zps04061354.jpg

^ one of my favourite photos

1491298_722293971114758_1321263256_o_zps244e3395.jpg

^another of my favourites

In the next few days I'll add some details and questions regarding my EJ transplant and general refresh and servicing over the next few months

Feel free to pitch in advice, questions, comments, etc.
I'm always open for ideas and to learn from others experience

Clutch type.
As far as I know, all the old-school (pre-liberty/forester/etc) LSDs are clutch type.

Back