Snorkel on SF Forester in USA?

bflan2001

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Auto
I started installing a Pajero snorkel on my 2002 Forester, but I can't figure out a good way to get past the crumple zone for the fender on that corner. I'm wondering if the AUS Foresters are different because of the different safety standards, since every snorkel install I see online is in AUS. Does anyone know if the Pajero snorkel can be successfully installed on a USDM SF Forester? If so, do you have any pictures that show how you got through the fender?

Some people notch the crumple zone or get clever with the piping. If you want to avoid the extra f***ery just mount it slightly lower. It doesn't look as awesome but it does the trick.

That's what I did with my SF and my snorkel pipes horizontally straight into the airbox.

That said I've used a Triton MK snorkel instead of the Pajero one so could be a little different in your application.

Yea I probably would have mounted it lower but unfortunately we didn't take the most intelligent approach and started by chopping up the fender. We got it mounted well on the fender and the a-pillar. I guess I'll probably take it off and try pounding in the inner part to get enough clearance. I don't want to cut it, but I'm not sure pounding it in is any better. Wish me luck! Here's as far as we got:
IMG_20161130_065029.jpg

Back