Little trip to the Alps

BenLukkie

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
manual
Went on a midweek trip to a friend living in the french Alps near Italy :)

Didn't have much time to go offroading sadly, but did take a few scenery pics with my phone

20150309_092117.jpg

20150309_105146.jpg

20150309_114755.jpg

20150313_084211.jpg

20150309_115329.jpg

And my favorite shot
20150309_103101.jpg

Here's a short onroad vid of a few downhill hairpins, which I would love to tackle in my bmw :p

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGXKjL_EE6c"]Forester Hautes-Alpes 5 hairpins - YouTube[/ame]

Found a short steep fire trail on my way to an animal shelter and tested my Grabbers on something other than mud :egeek: Very pleased with them!

Next time I will plan some more time to actually go offroad for a day or two :lildevil:

Thats one of the best roads to drive ! The "Route Napoléon" goes from Grenoble to Cannes and its just nice and twisty on some parts.

I also have a nice memory of the "hotel restaurant de la Poste" in Corps (at 0.35 sec)on the way back from the Côte d'Azur. An excellent afternoon meal where I stayed at least 2 hours instead of a quick sandwich !

oh cool! Yeah route de napoleon :) This is my 3rd trip down there, my friend lives in Eygliers with her two young sons. Love it there, the views.. The netherlands are so boring in comparison. Next time I'll bring a Gopro, and some recovery gear ;)

Nice shots nonetheless, mate ... :).

I like the first one best.

Those hairpins tell the truth about having a turbo! One is always being tempted to sink the slipper into it! :rotfl:

Thx! Yeah 1st pic was the first I took when the sun came up, after driving through the night. Loved the 3 ranges in grey shades. Got sunny quick after that

If you have the time go there end july. Nearby Susa you'll find one of the nices places to go offroad.

Back