idw

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Rusty nissan
Transmission
Auto
https://stores.ebay.com.au/J-R-CV-JOINTS-DRIVESHAFTS?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I've been using this outfit in the UK to buy cv boot kits from, with a cone or pneumatic tool, it makes changing the boots a very quick little job, about 25min-30min per boot for me. Possible to do on a track if you rip one out completely. Cost is between $20-30AUD depending on exchange rate and kit purchased. Comes with boot clamps, grease,cone lube to stretch the boot, and a new most importantly a new crush nut.

The rubber seems (no evidence really) to stand up to the lift kit and heat of my exhaust better than the standard boots from subaru or oem from Bursons. Also alot harder to puncher a hole in.

Nar just turn it inside out and stretch it over like normal. Don't need to remove cups at all.

These are pretty good. I have used a couple of these for the front inner CVs on my old SF and probably did 40,000 miles on them without any trouble.

When I first looked at it, I thought how is this going to work, it can't stretch that much, but really was easy. Just knocked the pin out of the inner cv at the gearbox, put the fat end of the cone over it and then cover the cone in the lube they supply and pull the boot over.

Yes they do both inner and outer, there are 3 or 5 (2 for the shaft, 3 for the cv cup) sections you can cut the boots to so they can fit different sized cups and shafts. I usually don't bother cutting the boot to diameter for the shaft, since the little extra seems to help stop leaking. The inners i also don't cut on the subaru, mainly because im lazy, installed on outer joints the they need to be cut to size so they don't rub on the hub.

Yes I've them on the inner rears

Back