Kings or Dobi?

Here +5% on tyre circumference is legal. Up to 5cm spring lift is legal. ANY body lift including strut blocks is illegal unless certified =$$$.

Placed an order with RockAuto for 2 rear KYB struts. Cost $298NZ including shipping. Not bad considering the best price I could get here was $220NZ PER STRUT not including shipping! Bloody ridiculous. Order was shipped today so should hopefully be here mid next week.

Final plan is to get the raised Kings all around (turns out they don't make std. height front), the Dobis are too stiff and I don't like the stories of them snapping. If the TradeMe guy can't get the fronts into NZ before Jan, I'll just fit the new KYBs and Kings in the back for my Christmas holiday, the front isn't really sagging too much in comparison with the back. Could make the handling weird though, but I reckon a 4.9m Stabicraft alloy boat will sort that out...

My front struts are good enough, if they crap out with raised Kings or feel underdamped I'll replace them then.

Last edited:
You should be fine with just the raised springs in the rear for towing. I've seen plenty of people just upgrade the rear for towing. It's just that when you're not towing the rear will seem a little stiff.
There was someone either here or on ozfoz that was selling rear raised springs which he used for towing his jetski.
Edit: Here he is,

https://ozfoz.com.au/forum/viewtopi...&sid=6125c362fef1ea05dc2c6fd6972005d2#p935762

Last edited:
You should be fine with just the raised springs in the rear for towing. I've seen plenty of people just upgrade the rear for towing. It's just that when you're not towing the rear will seem a little stiff.
There was someone either here or on ozfoz that was selling rear raised springs which he used for towing his jetski.
Edit: Here he is,

https://ozfoz.com.au/forum/viewtopi...&sid=6125c362fef1ea05dc2c6fd6972005d2#p935762

I'd like to eventually get the raiseds in the front too, just to even out the stance and give the front a bit more height for 4wding.

Back