• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Looking for a place to go

tinknocker07

I live in Indiana USA. I am looking for a place to drive my Soob on back roads or trails "nothing hard" to go camping and kayak fishing on a lake. Can any body point me in the direction of some good places in the mid west.

Thanks Nate

Last edited:
Nate, you may have to be a pioneer on this one. I don't think we have many members in your area.:sad: We have a local US Forestry Service office in town which has been helpful to me. You might try some of your local outdoor outfitters and look for the National Geographic topo maps and the DoLoreme (SP?) Gazetteer for your area, both have helped me locate good places to go.:) Just try not to go alone, and if you have any doubts don't get in over your head.

Good Luck, and whatever you do, don't forget the camera.:iconwink:

HairySheep I have been looking at the land between the lakes I see the place by Turkey bay looks like fun. But on thing I'm looking for is miles of dirt and or gravel roads in the woods and mountains.
I can see the landscape with Google maps but I cant see the road surface very well. can you point me to some road names like this. I would like to plan a trip so I can drive nice back dirt roads do some camping and kayak fishing.

Thanks Nate

Back