Scan Gauge 2 for SG Forester

my04tone

Forum Founder - RIP Tony
I have read alot about Scan Gauge 2 and have decided to install one but i am reading that the MY04 SG Forester cant have one then i am reading the opposite.

Does my Forester have OBDII protocols?

thanks in advance

^ agree it's a good option - I use the Scanguage in the Foz and a Bluetooth adapter for the smartphone in the Triton running the "Torque" app.

My smart phone is paired to my GPS via bluetooth, it gives me live alerts. I can add multiple devices via bluetooth, but can only be paired to one at a time, real time monitoring is required for both, so the Scan gauge is it for car monitoring. As for cabling i am very good at hiding cable, i am not scared to remove a panel or two....:)

My smart phone is paired to my GPS via bluetooth, it gives me live alerts. I can add multiple devices via bluetooth, but can only be paired to one at a time, real time monitoring is required for both, so the Scan gauge is it for car monitoring. As for cabling i am very good at hiding cable, i am not scared to remove a panel or two....:)

Have sneak peek at the UltraGauge and see if that also suits your needs, it monitors up to 56 different sensors at the one time, i.e. 7 pages x 8 gauges per page.

The only setback with this gauge is that it does not retain the information for later downloading to a PC, otherwise it is a great little tool, I had one mounted in my 2003 XS Forester for a long time until I swapped it for my daughters Mazda 6 (that's another story).

fair enough
I'd personally buy a cheap Android tablet and the OBD2 bluetooth dongle which will work out to be about the same price as the Scanguage but a lot more useful.

Have sneak peek at the UltraGauge and see if that also suits your needs, it monitors up to 56 different sensors at the one time, i.e. 7 pages x 8 gauges per page.

The only setback with this gauge is that it does not retain the information for later downloading to a PC, otherwise it is a great little tool, I had one mounted in my 2003 XS Forester for a long time until I swapped it for my daughters Mazda 6 (that's another story).

Hi Peter! i was looking at the UltraGauge today, but i am out of dash room as to where to mount it. I am testing field cameras at the moment, for metal detecting, including dash cam, and my dash has an array of mounts all over it :confused: not even room for my phone, so that goes in the little pocket on the passenger side, i never use it whilst driving even hands free.

I also looked at a ScanGauge clone called Turbogauge4 for around $80AU on fleabay.

As for Leftys suggestion? the idea is great, but i need it in my face so i can monitor the car mainly when towing my camper and offroad, a small inconspicuous gauge of some sort is ideal, mount it in front of the parking light switch and its right there to see along with outside ambient temp.

Still havent decided yet, will make my decision after i get back from a weekend camping in the bush next week.

excellent DIY here:
https://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&p=994713

128AC816-BA2E-4CDF-9217-19E44679A2F8-968-0000008A76B34219_zps2386a420.jpg

C9DEDC66-76C3-41CB-9684-A57656A4EA6F-985-000000D279F20033_zpse8398db8.jpg

Back