What have you done to your car today?

I missed the boat yesterday to collect the paperwork, so I picked it up this arvo, after work instead :)

And holy :censored: I should've taken a body guard with me :lol:
The way they treated me was un-believable & insane :ebiggrin:

They dropped everything to cater for my every need :raz:

Unfortunately it's a little to little & a little too late as far as I'm concerned :lildevil: :lol: :poke: :lol: :lildevil:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Last edited:
One thing I have learned in my private businesses over 20+ years
- never, NEVER take a customer for granted ...

Flaming hard to get in the first place;
Relatively easy to keep;
IMPOSSIBLE to ever get back ...

Made a the brackets to fit my cargo barrier, now my boot floor doesn't fit. Gotta finish the rear wheel carrier now so i can put back in the original boot floor.

Thanks to Obsessed for the barrier!

Last edited:
Yes I must admit, it was fun :lol:

I still have to drop in there tomorrow arvo to pic up a couple more :bcool:

It'll be interesting to see how high they jump & how many back flips they'll do on Friday :p
If Tuesday (when I picked the last lot up) is anything to go by, it should be quite a show. :newmulti: :quitar: :newmulti: :quitar: :newmulti:

Regards
Mr Turbo

:lol: :lildevil:

But always remember that "Pride goeth before a fall" ...

Now just how is it that an Atheist (me ... ) knows so many quotes from the Bible?

Well now, I always reckon that one should read (about) what one is considering rejecting, so I did. From cover to cover. Some truly great one-liners. Nothing that convinces me to be other than an Atheist though ... :iconwink: :cool:.

2 are noisy, 3 are quiet.. Go figure!

qqub5y.jpg

:huh:

^ :lol:

Chaotic flow, as distinct from laminar flow ... :iconwink:.

Laminar flow contains energy that can be easily translated into vibration of a roof bar (or basket), same as the reed in a wind instrument. Chaotic flow contains energy that cannot be easily converted to a different form, but that can cause (or reduce) drag.

See, it's simple ... :iconwink:.

Oh so you don't think the third rack in the middle may be preventing the central mesh surface of the basket maintaining a beat frequency from the wind whipping over it.. ;)

The SG's roof has a slight curvature over it's length so the centre rack pushes up slightly into the basket.

Last edited:
The third bar shorting the space between all three is making it oscillate at a higher frequency, it's more than likely just creating noise that's above what you can hear. Alternatively we have trouble persevering higher frequency noise without an increase in dB , so it could also just be the change in frequency has shifted in a way you can't hear it over the other noise the car makes ( i can't remember the exact relationship but if your interested look up the difference between dB SPL and dB A). I'm actually a sound/studio engineer so that makes scene to me, if it doesn't to anyone else ask and i'll try to explain it differently

Went to the official car check (rego ?)...and they found a tiny hole in the exhaust, front lights to be adjusted and a dead rear fog light :lildevil:

Hahaha love the last few aerodynamics/physics-oriented posts. Although I ultimately changed path, I did 2 years in mechanical engineering (aerospace specialization) so it gives me some good memories (I loved aerodynamics class, LOL).
9OKazyJ.jpg

(Sorry couldn't resist :p )

Today, the car had trouble starting. It was about -10 C, so nothing exceedingly cold... yet the first 2 times the car started to run, the engine stopped after a very short time. The third attempt went well, and everything went as usual for the rest of the day. I guess I'll start plugging in the block warmer now...

Last edited:
Eh it's Canada, -10C is a normal winter temp. -20C and lower would be considered cold.

Just for fun, a quick chart of averages in the winter, all Celcius:
November: -1
December: -9
January: -13
February: -11
March: -5

I realised today that my block heater's plug was damaged. Not sure how that could've happenned... The head of one of the 2 bolts holding the windshield washer broke. And I'm loosing windshield liquid (can't figure out from where) and ended up dry today. Not great when roads are basically a mix of sand, calcium and salt... couldn't see poop coming back home today. Greaaaaat. Nothing too serious, but I think it's 12 years-old are starting to show :(

For comparison, Melbourne's avgs:

Nov 22.0C
Dec 24.2
Jan 25.9
Feb 25.8
Mar 23.9

Our hottest ever recorded temp was on Black Saturday, Feb 7, 2009. 46.7C with only 5% humidity & wind gusts over 160kmh. Half the state burned :(

Avalon, 50kms west of Melbourne, recorded 47.9C :eek:

Some interesting weather facts:

• The lowest temperature recorded in the world is minus 89.6°C at the Vostok Scientific Station in Antarctica on 21 July 1983. The Australian record low is minus 23.0°C recorded at Charlotte Pass (NSW) on 29 June 1994. Only Perisher Valley and Kiandra have ever fallen below minus 20°C. Other Australian cold spots have been Gudgenby (ACT) minus 14.6°C, Shannon (TAS) minus 13.0°C and Mt Hotham (VIC) minus 12.8°C. Even Alice Springs (NT) has recorded a temperature of minus 7.5°C.

• The highest temperature recorded in the world is 58.0°C (136.4°F) at Al,Azizyah in Libya on 13 September 1922. The Australian record is 53.1°C (127.6°F) recorded at Cloncurry (QLD) on 16 January 1889. Bourke (NSW) with 52.8°C and Mildura (VIC) 50.8°C are not far behind.

• The worlds greatest temperature range at a single location is 105°C, from minus 68°C to 37°C recorded at Verkhoyansk, Siberia. The greatest recorded temperature range in Australia is 57.2°C, measured in White Cliffs (NSW) where the maximum has risen to over 50°C and the minimum has fallen to minus 7°C.

• Can heatwaves increase the murder rate? In New York in 1988 the temperature stayed above 32°C for 32 days and the murder rate soared by 75%. In Australia, Marble Bar (WA) recorded maximum temperatures equaling or exceeding 37.8°C (100°F) on 161 consecutive days (between 30 October 1923 and 7 April 1924) - This remains a word heat record. Also of note is the 333 consecutive days of temperatures above 32°C (90°F) recorded at Wyndham (again in WA) in 1946.

• On January 22 1943, the temperature at Spearfish, South Dakota (USA) rose from minus 20°C (minus 4°F) at 7.30am to 7°C (45°F) at 7.32 am (a 27°C rise in just 2 minutes!).

Back