• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Forester Engine Temp Warning Light/Alarm...???

Only one if ordering an Engine Watchdog TM2 is that the mount is actually on top of the unit as it is designed to fit under the dash. No big deal really but something to be aware of.

cheers

Does the Scangauge monitor engine temps? I don't have one so don't know much about them, but wouldn't it be nice to have a single unit that monitors everything?

It works- I had my car serviced today and they forgot to put the radiator cap on properly. I first noticed the coolant smell then glanced at the Scan gauge which showed 111 degrees (normally high 80's) and the engine watchdog was at 96 degrees (normally high 70's) as I had set the trigger temperatures at 100 degrees.

I stopped and refilled the expansion tank and picked my son up from school and as I was explaining all this to him the engine watchdog alarm went off. So stop again and recheck the coolant level, which was OK and put the heater on full and air conditioning on to bring the temperature down to normal. There may have been a bit of an air lock in it.

The Subaru dealer is coming to collect the car from me at work tomorrow to fix it up (flush & refill with straight coolant).

It works- I had my car serviced today and they forgot to put the radiator cap on properly.

The Subaru dealer is coming to collect the car from me at work tomorrow to fix it up (flush & refill with straight coolant).
I hope they (the dealer) is going to foot the bill.

On a brighter side, at least you know it works. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

iv'e been contemplating one of these for a while seeing as my temp gauge is broken, after the feedback i think its a winner. i'm getting one:ebiggrin:

The dealer was most apologetic this morning and sent one of their mechanics to collect my car from work, with a container of coolant. They drained / refilled the coolant system at their expense.

cheers

The dealer was most apologetic this morning and sent one of their mechanics to collect my car from work, with a container of coolant. They drained / refilled the coolant system at their expense.
And so they should, since they stuffed up in the first place.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back