PICTURE POST: your favorite off-road shot!

from my last fun in local forest tracks

pixlr_20180211123522952.jpg

pixlr_20180211123852107.jpg

those kinda tracks are good as they show weak spots on your car or too low spots or badly positioned ones and such...as no need to change something if its good enough for places you go .

i didn't air down. i always forget to. im riding at about 2,3 bar as daily driving and offroading. and i think my tires still pretty soft at that point. yet i never got stuck because didn't aired down. there i got stuck because went too deep on one side. so car just hang on middle. forgot what eng term for that is called. those tires just have too much grip anyway, when i got stuck those tires that was in mud just didn't turned, and im happy that they didn't or i would snap CV or something if they would be forced try to spin i think. with those tires first thing that will give up will be engine torque.

Main and best reason why i chose subaru why i chose outback and why VDC models can make miracles
videotogif_2018.02.16_07.13.58.gif

It takes just little time for system to figure out what to do and how get grip and car just goes forward.
With vdc off its just spins those free wheels and goes nowhere.

Stock as anything Foza, absolutely fantastic. cant believe what it can do with stock suspension and a 'Give em hell' attitude.
Couldnt have done it in any other car I swear.

Attachments

• Resized_20180908_161907(1).jpg
    Resized_20180908_161907(1).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Resized_20180908_161855(1).jpg
    Resized_20180908_161855(1).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 24
It's a little known fact that wheels work better in sand when they're concave.
Ditch the tires and you get better traction and less weight. It's win/win

did you recorded this as video and then took one shot from video ? or it was real shot as photo, then its amazing catch. i never do good shots as photos, but fromt video you can grab some amazing shots, thought not best quality.

Yeah, my brother in law did. That would have been pretty awesome :D
The quality isn't too bad either though. Cant remember what phone he has

TvSbcWG.png

First time offroading my Foz seriously, and still one of the nastier sections I'd been through. The water was a bit deeper and a bit muddier going the other direction (I backtracked through this spot after exploring western Quebec for a few weeks, first coming through during the Ottawa River flooding). Did it with AT tires but no lift... hit a submerged tree on the way out, and the stock "tinfoil" skidplate has the dent to prove it. :LOL:

Who saved you from there mate?

No one. ;) Drove right through like it was nothing, to my absolute surprise. A bit of wheelspin and the water was getting a little dicey as it splashed up onto the hood (it really sinks down right after the branches on the right) - but all things considered, my mostly-stock CVT XT Foz did admirably. Did lose a fog light cover though...

Right?! It's pretty damn surprising. The only time I got seriously stuck was when a trail gave way to a mud/clay mixture that was at least 2 ft. deep. I'm a 6'3" tall guy and even then, it was nearly up to my crotch. Was still able to self-recover though; a mix of traction boards, shovels, and a handwinch did the job just fine.

PksgH4b.jpg

0Yuf8mW.jpg

In my defense, I got out before a little Bobcat skidsteer nearby did!:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back