Safety recall 9/03 - 12/04 OB & Lib.

Barry

Forum Member
Received notice of the recall today.
No Panic - no known cases in Aus.
Seems there is a potential problem in the outer latch mechanism of the rear passenger doors which can cause them to stick and not lock properly.
Could result in doors opening while car in operation.
Will be contacting my local dealer tomorrow to arrange the free chack (and free rectification if necessary).
As I purchased my OBW 2nd hand, Subi Aus must have obtained my details via Vic.Roads rego.
Good to know that the safety systems work!
I presume something similar will be occuring in other states / O. S.

Did the recall on Monday. Have the sticker to prove it. (A long time since I received my last 'elephant stamp'!) :lol:

Schit, 5yrs before they realised they had a safety issue :surprised: :surprised:
As I understand it there were 2 instances wher the rear doors had 'opened' in use. (i.e. there was a fault in the outside latch, which meant it didn't engage properly when closed.)
On the strength of that they have done a world wide recall. Have discovered another 7 (I think) potentially faulty latches.
None of these are in Aus.
Given the instances of faults in operation - i.e. 2 world wide - I think the surprise is that the problem has been recognised. In the circumstances not surprising that it has taken this long - the relevant date would be when the first case occurred. A bit hard to have identified it before then, IMHO.

Back