What polish do you use?

OutbackOiler

Forum Member
I love getting my car dirty but I am a bit fussy about cleaning it up, I was wondering what other people use in the way of polish and why.
I have settled on Auto Glym ultra deep shine. It leaves the surface really smooth and gives a great shine, it's not as easy to apply as some but I have found it a lot easier to clean after getting dirty and I don't have a problem with water stains.
:biggrin:

I used this with the buffer I borrowed from work...

31YOCEgZ3NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Brought the car up like new and got rid of 90% of my offroad scratches(which were really bad) and bought the shine back to most of the paint..

Otherwise if i'm not cutting and polishing, just wanting to shine the car I use this...

1127.jpg

Works very well too.
It is quite pricy but worth it... :iconwink: :biggrin:
I was recommended both by professional detailers :cool:

Gidday OO

I use Porzelack (this is unobtainable these days), but any polish with a high Carnauba wax content will be fine. The higher the percentage, the higher the cost, and the better the quality ... A tin of the good stuff usually costs around $30+.

In between times and before waxing, I use Turtle Wax car wash. This contains both preservative waxes that seep into body joins, and also has no salt in it. All household detergents contain salt in one form or another, and should never be used on cars.

Someone, somewhere, told me never to use cutting compounds on clear finished car paints, but I cannot vouch for this. If in doubt, don't, I reckon

DO NOT wash or polish cars when the metal is hot ...

I use the same as what taza mentioned above; Meguiar's.
I've also had a couple of detailers tell me the same :iconwink:

I find it works & lasts the best & is easy to put on & take off.

Regards
Mr Turbo

I use meguiars for everything else :biggrin:

Mind you it takes me the best part of a couple of weeks to do a full polish job these days but it is soothing to the mind

i use a Gerni :ebiggrin: Hasn't been hand washed or polished for years & years. Still looks alright though.

I don't use anything - just wash it when it needs it and dry with a chamois. Yet people are always commenting on how far I have driven it and how good the paint looks. They just haven't looked too closely at the stone chips.

^ haha - me too! Upon seeing it, someone asked me the other day if I had purchased a new car!

^^Classic :lol:

Sometimes if I've got mine really dirty on a trip, I'll just find a creek/river at the end of the day & take it for a quick dip :biggrin:
The so called creek/river kind of acts as a drive through car wash, so to speak :raspberry:

Regards
Mr Turbo

10651.jpg

I like to use this stuff. It has some Carnuba wax in it so seems to keep a nice sheen after you wash & hasn't required polishing. We put an outside spotlight on the house recently, so now I wash cars in the cool at night... as it says for best results wash in the shade. This bottle is about $7.00 and has lasted me about 2 years

Back