jf1sf5

Forum Member
Car Year
'97
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Went for the annual trip to Auvergne, France, and met up with friends and new people. Its always a good moment as we eat well, have good laughs and find some new tracks. We all sleep in our tents even if its raining, like it did this year...

We had to build a "bridge".

https://youtu.be/Ljf8l9cGxKU

so why you not on video. how you passed it ? that toyo had just open diffs there or some kind of lockers ?

it is indeed seems easy but cool. im thinking now that those heavy but famous 4wd cars must put so much more work to pass those same spots and because they try so hard they kinda look cool because they slide all over and have hard time. all because they weight a lot and thats their main problem. you must compensate that with so much power and grip to go anywhere with big 4wd. not so much problem with light subaru.
p.s. i found more videos there , they pretty cool

We had to build a "bridge".

I've read that you are much better off putting logs at right angles to the car if you are doing this sort of thing, much less risk of the logs spiking the car if they snap or the tyre flicks them up.

Which kinda makes sense...

I've read that you are much better off putting logs at right angles to the car if you are doing this sort of thing, much less risk of the logs spiking the car if they snap or the tyre flicks them up.

Which kinda makes sense...

That's right but we were lazy !

Two days later we went back with more big 4x4's and built it the right way :iconwink:

Subforest's green Forester has 2" lift on SF front struts, Outback BG rear struts, 235/75 15 Hankook mud tyres, EJ25 swapped engine, rear Vlsd but oem low range (1,447:1) and center differential.

https://youtu.be/ZOYtrPbe2v8

Great. I like slow going its best on slow speeds . i have similar forests here but not so much interesting tracks as those. They too easy or too extreme here.

good one. your car doesnt make any sounds of squeking or similar when you go slowly through those rock and such ? remind me what shocks you have there ?

that short pajero must be pretty capable car. but small thou.

Well, I don't know if its because of the driver but I haven't been impressed at all.... Another car that didn't impress me was a '10 Nissan Pathfinder V6 diesel, electronics were always "thinking" but not efficiently.

it maybe many things drivers, tires, psi . or just cars itself. i saw them just on videos, so you saw them yourself, i guess with lods modifications almost any car can be capable.
you think that for your car coilovers makes most difference in offroading ?

I would say yes. If I had to keep one mod, it would be the one because as long as the wheels are on the ground, the Forester moves....

Back