• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Coleman Instant up 6man

my04tone

Forum Founder - RIP Tony
Bought me a Coleman Instant up 6man tent, i am tired of climbing in and out of my ECO instant tent or sleeping cramped in my Subee.

I have my camper for holidays and long trips, but this is for quick setups in the goldfields, and i can actually stand up in the thing.

I like how quick the main tent is to put up < 1minute.

I like the space inside and the ventilation.

I dont like the guy ropes (crap) the 2 poles or the pegs (more crap), just as well i have some heavy duty ones to replace them with.

The initial setup takes about 1 min, then add pegging down and putting on the fly, it then blows out to about 15mins. ( I have sorted the fly now by leaving connected to the tent).

See if i can streamline the process a bit, i might even do a video.

I am adding an OZtrail Jumbo Stretcher to the goodies. With the extra standing height, it shouldnt be a wrestle just to pull me strides on in the morning.

Price $219 at Rays, this is the full fly model watch out you dont get the old half fly

12187786_854057518026180_2782652281787858993_n.jpg

tenta_zpsrofy9hsb.jpg

12189535_854057571359508_1314790334319554881_n.jpg

Even has a clothes line for hanging out your washing :raz:

• Fully seam sealed fly with large front awning
  • Spacious interior fits one queen size airbed
  • Three large windows for ventilation
  • Exclusive WeatherTec TM system, keeps you dry
  • Australian version has been upgraded to feature polyester roof panel for improved water resistance
Dimensions: 330x270x190cm
Packed Dimensions: 136x25x24cm
Weight: 13.5kg
Material: 150D/150D Polyester/taped seams, 1500mm proofed fly, PE flooring
Frame: Steel Poles

I will let you all know how it goes when i get it out the elements over Autumn/ Winter

Kool. Not sure that the clothesline will fit in the car though!

We have this exact one and love it - we use it for weekend trips away and have a full canvas cabin style tent for longer stays.

The 6 man instant tent is great for short stays and nice and light to carry which is great and doesn't take up much room!

The reason we chose the 6 man instant tent over the slightly larger 8 man instant tent was because the 6 man instant tent was actually slightly wider than the 8 man one, just not as long. We fit a Queen inflatable mattress in ours without any trouble at all. We used ours last year on a week long trip from Coffs Harbour back up to Queensland with no problems - we love it!

I've got the same tent! Great design all up, I found the same problem tent pegs are all crap, ropes are alright on mine ( I got mine when they where just released) , but I hardly ever use them. I find most of the time just pegging down the corners is enough. I've only set it up with all roaps once in a storm near Omeo, and stayed dry all night...didn't get any sleep but I was dry.

Yea we don't really use the ropes on ours, just peg down the base but the pegs do tend to bend pretty easily!

Thanks for the feedback guys, staying dry is what its all about and it staying up in the wind.

I have only pegged out the base and the poles, maybe that will do, but the ground in the goldfields is rock hard, so the little crap pegs wont do, maybe the ropes will be ok?.

Now where am i going to fit that clothes line :poke:

I will be the only one sleeping in it so i will have plenty of room to party by myself :)

^ sleeping in the clothesline?

My own ancestors gave up doing that a couple of generations ago ... :lol: :rotfl:

You can pick up decent tent pegs at bunnings for a reasonable cost

BTW, looks like a very nice tent, Tony :biggrin: :cool:.

There comes a time when putting one's pants on lying down can lead to a trip to spinal unit ...

My old way of camping, yep time to save the back mate, i will now be able to fit the table inside the new tent for a bit of night computing and reading.

camp_zpsehwsz63n.jpg

Somewhere dry for the table is something I though of as a luxury when I was a bit younger ( in not that old to begin with !) , but after some ****ty weather here and there its a must.

Back