OFFROADSUBARUS.com

Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.com > Technical Forums > Tyres/Tires and Wheels

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #171  
Old 16th June 2017, 11:47 PM
NachaLuva's Avatar
NachaLuva NachaLuva is online now
Senior Member / Product Developer
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE Melbourne
Posts: 5,346
NachaLuva is on a distinguished road
Default

Doing a group buy does work, it's what we did & saved a heap on shipping which only goes up a little for every extra set

Atm there are at least 4 people with Audi rims who need nuts. Make sure you get spares, I suggest a set of 22 not 20
__________________
SUBIELIFTOZ, QUALITY LIFT KITS FOR SUBARUS
1" & 2" lift kits; custom lift kits; all models
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 21st December 2017, 12:24 PM
Subforest72 Subforest72 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: France
Model: Forester SF5
Posts: 22
Subforest72 is on a distinguished road
Default Audi Nuts - temp storage until I decide what to do with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
Great thread info. Been on the hunt for new wheels these past few weeks and have settled on Pepperpots for my SG. They don't seem too hard to find if you search wrecking ads, there's 2 sets in Vic at the moment. *Update - One already sold, one asking $$$, search continues*

Liberty Valance, sorry but the Czechs beat you to it!

http://www.alutechnik.cz/index.php?o..._category_id=2

And one more Czech site selling the same product
https://shellers.cz/obchod/kolove-ma...-015-vyska-26/

Google exchange rate puts the cost of the wheel nuts at around $10AUD - Shipping no doubt many times that (although Europe always seems cheaper than US) but possibly worth the gamble. Using Chrome browser to translate the page for easier navigation, I was able to input international shipping information but had difficulty selecting shipping type, also no Paypal. Maybe someone who is ready to buy some now could have a try. Or anyone got family in Prague?


Hi guys
From France I can buy from Czechs. (https://shellers.cz) and a shipment from France to Australia is 40 ***8364; for less than 2kg (25-30 nuts)

I will order these nuts for my Audi wheels that I bought for my forester. I bought adapter washers but they get stuck on the studs when tightening (deformation) and disassembling a wheel is a ****.

So I will order for me in January, if several people in Australia want to buy, I can order more and send them to you.


my Audi compatible rims are Rial Milano in 5x100, 6x15 "and et29
With Hankook 235 / 75R15 tires








Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 22nd December 2017, 06:19 PM
Kevin's Avatar
Kevin Kevin is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sydney, Oz
Year: MY'03
Model: Forester
Transmission: A/T
Posts: 4,041
Kevin is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for the offer Subforest72.
__________________
MY'03 Foz AT XS with centre lock-up
MY'10 Triton AT GLX-R 2.5 DiD
www.subaruclub.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 16th January 2018, 03:48 AM
Dulagarl's Avatar
Dulagarl Dulagarl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canberra ACT
Year: 2000
Model: EZ30R Forester
Transmission: Dual range manual
Posts: 923
Dulagarl is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
Great thread info. Been on the hunt for new wheels these past few weeks and have settled on Pepperpots for my SG. They don't seem too hard to find if you search wrecking ads, there's 2 sets in Vic at the moment. *Update - One already sold, one asking $$$, search continues*

Liberty Valance, sorry but the Czechs beat you to it!

http://www.alutechnik.cz/index.php?o..._category_id=2

And one more Czech site selling the same product
https://shellers.cz/obchod/kolove-ma...-015-vyska-26/

Google exchange rate puts the cost of the wheel nuts at around $10AUD - Shipping no doubt many times that (although Europe always seems cheaper than US) but possibly worth the gamble. Using Chrome browser to translate the page for easier navigation, I was able to input international shipping information but had difficulty selecting shipping type, also no Paypal. Maybe someone who is ready to buy some now could have a try. Or anyone got family in Prague?
Is that $10 AUD per nut? Plus freight if it can be organised for 40 euros?

i.e. $200 for 20 nuts plus 40 euros ($61.59) = $270 for 20 nuts delivered?

golly!
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 16th January 2018, 10:19 AM
SGForry SGForry is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Germany
Year: 2004
Model: Forester X
Transmission: MT5
Posts: 5
SGForry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Is that $10 AUD per nut? Plus freight if it can be organised for 40 euros?

i.e. $200 for 20 nuts plus 40 euros ($61.59) = $270 for 20 nuts delivered?
Seems correct imho....
Much Money for a few nuts....
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:42 PM
lefty's Avatar
lefty lefty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Perth Australia
Year: MY05
Model: Forester
Transmission: XT lux manual
Posts: 820
lefty is on a distinguished road
Default

recent trip to Windy Harbour

__________________
MY05 XT Forester Lux manual
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 3rd February 2018, 05:37 AM
NachaLuva's Avatar
NachaLuva NachaLuva is online now
Senior Member / Product Developer
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE Melbourne
Posts: 5,346
NachaLuva is on a distinguished road
Default

Very nice!

Nice photo of Marvin & his Pepperpots at Coober Pedy
__________________
SUBIELIFTOZ, QUALITY LIFT KITS FOR SUBARUS
1" & 2" lift kits; custom lift kits; all models
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 3rd February 2018, 07:06 AM
jf1sf5's Avatar
jf1sf5 jf1sf5 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 1,346
jf1sf5 is on a distinguished road
Default

Nice pics !
@NachaLuva, your exhaust seems very low ?!
__________________
Quaife f/r, HotBits, DCCD, 1,59:1, EJ22
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:24 AM
Ben Up North's Avatar
Ben Up North Ben Up North is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: FNQ
Year: 2004
Model: SG Forester X MY05
Transmission: 5MT D/R
Posts: 207
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1sf5 View Post
Nice pics !
@NachaLuva, your exhaust seems very low ?!
I'm gonna take a guess and say that actually the body is a bit higher, rather than the exhaust low..
__________________
JackBeNimble JackBeSLO JackGoesWhereverYouCanGo!
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:17 PM
duncanm's Avatar
duncanm duncanm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sydney
Year: 1998
Model: Outback. JDM TT conversion
Transmission: 5MT DR
Posts: 438
duncanm is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Up North View Post
I'm gonna take a guess and say that actually the body is a bit higher, rather than the exhaust low..
going a bit OT here -- but I have the same issue to a lesser extent.

Liberty stock exhaust on an outback -- the exhaust sits at chassis level and could be tucked into the body more tightly.

I think the final touches on a body lift should include tucking the exhaust up. It'll still hang lowest at the rear diff, but the rest will be much less exposed.
__________________
TT Outback
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.