Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > General Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 1st December 2017, 06:15 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Lithuania

Hello. thats mine Outback 2001/11 . 2.5 4EAT with VDC and rear LSD. LPG conversion
yes thats rare model 2.5 with VDC. its one of those first tested VDC models .it has rear LSD too.
bought it standard , since then did 2'' lift with spacers , BFG TA KO2 tires 215/65 R16 on OEM rims. steel skid plate and front bumper cut

thats how it looks now. lift is enough for me , tires are best that can be , and VDC with those tires does miracles where it can go and where it can go out

made custom UEL headers myself and rear muffler is Remus some model. with all that it has very nice sounding tunes. not like most subarus with UEL and some loud rear muffler. its not too loud but its very pleasant to listen

inside it has all whistles for this gen . as heated seats, heated mirrors, heated front window, climate control, cruise. and custom VDC switch that i made myself. this model didint had VDC switch it was allways on. so i made it . but that VDC is so capable offroad that i just using VDC off when wanna have fun , drive sideways or need more momentum at some situations.

in trunk i made custom subwoofer box on side , and it has LPG conversion. so extra 50l of LPG and to drive 2x cheaper then with petrol. and cleaner.
Old 1st December 2017, 08:14 PM

Year: 2013 / 2008
Model: H6 5EAT OB with SubieLiftOZ kit / Tribeca
Transmission: 5EAT
MiddleAgeSubie is on a distinguished road

You know me already, but hello anyway!

That front bumper cut must make a huge difference.

Where do you for off-pavement driving? There must be a ton of opportunities all around you as way as fun ways to get quite far north. I assume they are mostly dirt/forest roads that become 4x4 in bad weather. Or are there any actual 4x4 trails as well?

In the US Southwest, these Jeep trails, as they are called here, are the result of late 19th c-early/mid 20th c mining. In addition, there are poorly if ever maintained narrow forest roads that are rocky enough to be 4x4 high clearance even when dry. But they typically lack the scenery factor of the former mining roads in Utah, CO, AZ, Nevada, and California. FInally. there are offroad parks where people go to "play." I I would not do that but I assume they are a good place to learn.

So I wonder what kind of off-pavement is prevalent in the Baltic. I would guess forest roads, some narrow and bumpy and easily made difficult by rains?
Old 1st December 2017, 08:29 PM

Year: 2004 | 1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05 | SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R | 4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

Hi scalman,
Nice setup!
Old 1st December 2017, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Year: MY'03
Model: Forester
Transmission: A/T
Kevin is on a distinguished road

G'day & Welcome aboard! Very nice car and some good modifications too.
Old 2nd December 2017, 03:26 AM
Administrator

Year: MY06, MY10
Model: Forester SG & SH
Transmission: 5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Ratbag is on a distinguished road

G'day Scal. to the forum mate.

Very nice looking car you've got yourself there .
Old 2nd December 2017, 03:47 AM
Contributing Member

Year: 2016
Model: Forester
Transmission: CVT
temmah is on a distinguished road

Nice Rig!
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:26 PM

thank you all. yes our forest tracks in bad weather or after rains some of them becomes 4x4 or even too much hardcore ones. so yh i live near forest . its like 10 min from my home to forest. just in our forest here its army teritory so you must know where you not allowed to go , mostly there are signs here and there. i love travel and i love just drive to forests to see whats there. and can i go there.
yes bumper cut makes lots difference now

still rear bumper is so long and now it catches stuff. good that its kinda soft and can bend a lot and not brake
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgeSubie View Post
You know me already, but hello anyway!

That front bumper cut must make a huge difference.

Where do you for off-pavement driving? There must be a ton of opportunities all around you as way as fun ways to get quite far north. I assume they are mostly dirt/forest roads that become 4x4 in bad weather. Or are there any actual 4x4 trails as well?

In the US Southwest, these Jeep trails, as they are called here, are the result of late 19th c-early/mid 20th c mining. In addition, there are poorly if ever maintained narrow forest roads that are rocky enough to be 4x4 high clearance even when dry. But they typically lack the scenery factor of the former mining roads in Utah, CO, AZ, Nevada, and California. FInally. there are offroad parks where people go to "play." I I would not do that but I assume they are a good place to learn.

So I wonder what kind of off-pavement is prevalent in the Baltic. I would guess forest roads, some narrow and bumpy and easily made difficult by rains?
duno about actual 4x4 trails as such like they not marked anywhere or maped . not like that , just people know them or not. mostly i just turn to some forest track i see ans sometimes i found pretty neet tracks there, sometimes nothing sure. mostly forests are kinda have not so bad tracks for all people to go there for mushrooms and stuff. so sometimes it can be boring to drive there and find nothing challenging. still its nice to just drive really.
its good for you who have offroad parks or marked tracks. we just have lots forests so we must figure out ourselfs.

car was not taking care bfore me so it had lots rust really. i did fixed some that i think are most important places. and because there will collect water, mud, sand , and snow with salt in winter

couple things that i fixed

this how it sounds now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZIBunuU3AY
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:38 PM

jf1sf5 is on a distinguished road

Hi scalman !

Welcome here...
Old 2nd December 2017, 03:08 PM

Year: 2013 / 2008
Model: H6 5EAT OB with SubieLiftOZ kit / Tribeca
Transmission: 5EAT
MiddleAgeSubie is on a distinguished road

As for the departure angle, my hitch, which is as tucked in as possible, cuts both ways. It shaves a lot of DA but it alos protects the bumper. In part. Did not help when I caught something on the left side.

Can someone make you a rear bumper?