• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Karri Valley, West Oz

ForesterGump

Forum Member
A few weeks ago we took my son (4 months) on his first weekend away. We headed to Karri Valley (approx 4hrs south of Perth). It was mainly just a quiet weekend away, but we did manage to find a few tracks going through the D'Entrecasteaux National Park. There were some difficult boggy sections as well as a few good hill climbs, but all in all it was relativly easy driving!
Unfortunatly I couldnt get any photos of the real messy stuff, but it did take me a few hours to give the car a good clean when we got back to Perth.
It was the first time I was able to get out since the birth of my son, and since he slept the whole way through I think it will be something we will have to a bit more often!!

Attachments

• P6220116.jpg
    P6220116.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 51
  • P6220114.jpg
    P6220114.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 49
  • KV.jpg
    KV.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 64
Holy Cow!!!

That is some pretty black looking liquid.

Never mind about the pics, as long as you got out there and had a great time with the family. That's what it's all about and there is always next time.

I remember doing my first trip (ORS.com V1.0 - Birthday Bash 3) with my son when he was about 11 months, I loved it.

Now he is a little older and my daughter is 8 months, I'm looking at getting back out into it again. The kids love it.

nice pics
I'd like to try out Yeagerup dunes one day , not sure if it's possible in a Foz

Yeagerup is a great place and can be done in a subaru, we have been there several times, each october a group of WA athletes train down south and base themselves at Karri Valley for a week, they are the kids playing on the dunes at the beginning of this video, before you see me in my wife's forry, my outback also features parked at the bottom of the dune.

rob

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1Mb4XbXdM"]Subaru Forester XS Dune Play - YouTube[/ame]

Hi Forester, I was just down that way myself. Except I ventured around the logging tracks just south of Pemberton. I would love to hear more about the trip and your car. Do have standard tyres and suspention or have you fitted a lift kit etc. Campbell9

Back