What have you done to your car today?

Hey dedman, i saw on ebay and hopefully will be saving up for them, those same muddies for $800 for 4. does that sound right?

I looked at those as well but you have to remember that they dont include fitting which will be an extra $20ish a wheel.

I would call around a few tyre places locally and see what the best price you can get is. Will most likely be cheaper.

I would call around a few tyre places locally and see what the best price you can get is

+1

Call LOTS of tyre places & play them against each other. When you get a cheap price, mention it to the next place you call & ask if they can do better. Do the same with the next place & so on... Then call the first place again & ask if the can beat the best price you have. The fact you've called again shows them you're keen so they'll try to get your service... :biggrin:

Could always fit them yourself if you have a compressor Tyre levers and soapy water or I've used vasoline to. Then get a balance and alignment might save some cash that way

Picked up my tyres today! $788 well spent me thinks :ebiggrin:

10699197423_593219057e.jpg

Cant wait to try them out. Maybe they would have helped keep the car dry on my weekend adventures....

Vermont Tyres & More were incredibly helpful, friendly and by far offered the best price. If anyone wants a set of these awesome looking tyres I would give them a call.

They sure do look meaty alright :twisted:
Looking forward to seeing them once they're fitted to your Subi :cool:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Pulled something out of the shed i've been meaning to fix and put in the foz i wonder if anyone can guess what it is hears a hint

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr6Vo9SyhY8"]Sick Mate Sick Subwoofer - YouTube[/ame]

Yea, i thought the voice coil had blown at the time (about 2 years ago) and put it in the shed never to look at another day. turns out only a couple solder connections had cracked and a blown cap, changed the cap re soldered the broken connections, cannibalized the driver out of another unit a mate gave me that was also broken and it works.

EDIT: not really sure where to put it though, wont fit under the seat, might with a sealed box but wont have the right volume so would just sound boxy

Last edited:
You could get fancy & design a tuned port enclosure for it. Im sure you'd have access to programs that would let you design the right volume & port length...it would be fully sick bro ;)

I've all the formula written down somewhere.. but its only an 8" sub thought, sealed box is easier probably sound better in this case too. Probably put it in the spare wheel well when the carrier is done.

Don't need lots of doof, I like my hearing...probably need it if I go back to the old job :lol:

Fnally booked in to join the lifted club.
Got my subtle lift blocks and sumo trailing arm spacers more than 18 months ago, finally got sick of the stuffed rear SLS, and with 205,000kms on the clock the suspension is a very saggy.
Next week I get koni inserts into existing struts along with strut adjustment to match the raised king springs so that wheel travel is retained and I get the 50mm lift, should be a very happy man by mid next week with suspension that works again and gets me higher.
Will need to ensure ig et before and after photos.
It has been a long wait

I'm interested to see the build of the Koni inserts, would you take some pics ?

Will get what detail I can, suspension shop doing the work and so far all I know is it involves an additional aluminum sleeve insidevthe strut to ensure shock sits in the right spot. Will go probing more once I get my car back, shop is a little uncertain on some details until they get the current struts off and finalize measurements and what it will take to ensure up and down travel is retained.

I am pretty sure it will be better than now, measured hub centre to bottom edge of wheel arch and found I get variance left and right by about 20mm, currently the back looks like it has been lowered.

I am getting excited but I am sure that will wear off when the invoice needs paying. Looking forward to Wed ...

I'm interested in what the results end up being for you, be good to know how the suspension shop handles the job. Who supply's the strut body for the insert do you know?

Next week I get koni inserts into existing struts along with strut adjustment to match the raised king springs
A bit puzzled by the approach. Are the Koni inserts a standard strut or a self levelling ? The OEM spring with sls rear suspension is quite different to the non sls set up as the weight of the vehicle is supported by the strut not the spring, hence the saggy rear when the sls strut fails. If the Koni insert is a non sls type you would want to change the spring too or is this what you are saying ?

Back