Kurrajong Trip 16/17 May (with optional camp)

mr turbo

Emeritus Forum Staff and Founders' Friend
Car Year
MY17
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
manual
Kurrajong Trip 16th May

Alright then, its on. The Kurrajong Adventure Trip. :biggrin: :quitar:

On Saturday 16th May we will be meeting in the carpark opposite the RAAF Base at Richmond at 10AM :ebiggrin:

Saturday Meeting Point

From here we will head out & explore Kurrajong.

So let me know who's interested in coming for an adventure on Saturday 16th & we'll go from there. :)

Ok then, we have the following attending the trip.....

*Mr Turbo

*Hux

*apsilon

*simex

Regards
Mr Turbo

Last edited:
Sounds good Mr Turbo nice and close to me as well. I'll let you kno for sure but i'll prob be in for saturday and camping overnight.

cheers, Hux

I should be in for the Sat but not sure I have the time to make it a double as I'm away the following weekend. We'll see a bit closer to the date.

I have someother things planned at the moment, but you never know, a big red land rover might drop by few a few tracks.

What would be the 'must haves' for this trip?

- Tyres?
- Lift?
- Tough suspension?
- Body armour?

Just trying to get an idea how far I am from something like this (not geographically...)

Cheers!
Pedro.

This will probably be my last trip for a while (if I can make it) as I'm off to Indo for an unknown time frame, on a mission to get lost in the small jungle villages in search of waves off the well beaten path.

Alex, If I can make it out I'll bring the headrests and the spare wheel dish thing for ya.

By then the Landy should also have a few more little extra's on it!:lildevil:

Sweet thanx cheyne. It was 6*C at my place last night so we will need a BIG fire! Both roads in and out of Burralow were closed for months to redo the roads i believe might go for a look this arvo. Cheers HUX

What would be the 'must haves' for this trip?

- Tyres?
- Lift?
- Tough suspension?
- Body armour?
I would highly recommend some type of A/T tyre.
A lift would help also, but not essential.
Good suspension is always important, whether it's on or offroad.
As for body armour, a bash plate is a must. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Cheyne_r, it would be great if you can make it, as it would be great to finally meet. :)

Hux, I did take note of that when I did the reccie. :iconwink:
However, after having a chat with a NPWS Ranger who was there that day & he said not to worry about that too much. Mainly due to things like that (track closures etc) are like the wind in the way they keep changing the dates on them all the time.

I'll be keeping in touch with NPWS though in regards to this. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

from the pics in the other thread this looks like it will be a fun easy-moderate trail ride... too bad i am the largest ocean in the world away from you... lol, otherwise id be completely down to bring my 4runner... oh well. Have fun!

The trip I had on the 23rd/24th has been pushed back a week to the 30th/31st so it's much more likely that I'll be able to make the camp now. I'll still leave the final decision until closer to the date. Being so close to home I may be a wuss and bring the swag and then decide on the day depending on how cold it is and if it's raining :lol:

Even if I say overnight I may not hang around for the driving the next day. We'll see how busy I am.

I'm in for Saturday. Looking forward to it!

My Yoko A/T-S were fitted yesterday so this trip will probably be their first dirty outing. (The car is still with the mechanic due to a worsening problem with the starter not engaging :neutral:, but it should be well and truly sorted by the 16th.) Bring it on!

Thanks to Mr Turbo for organising this :ebiggrin:

Well I have my beach volleyball finals that day.
But I should be finished by 3pm

So I could attempt to get out and meet you that night.
Although its a long drive, Ill be exhausted and it will get dark soon.
Hmm - would like to camp but maybe meet Sunday is better.

But I definitely keen for the Sunday.

Hmm - would like to camp but maybe meet Sunday is better.

But I definitely keen for the Sunday.

It would be great if you can make it out there on the Sunday DN, it will be great to catch up again. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back