Found an air compressor..

07OregonOutback

Forum Member
So today whilst raiding the barn, I came across an old roadside assistance pack I used to have in my old Cougar. It has an air compressor in it that says it is rated to 150 psi. I just filled the tire on our riding lawn mower and it filled it in about 40 seconds. I put it in my car.. but do you guys think this little compressor will be good enough for taking out camping with me if I need to air down and up? It runs off the 12V accessory plug in the dash. Plus it did come in a kit.. so I'm concerned it is not quality made.

I'd say any compressor is better then nothing. The one I have is so small that it takes me 10min to fill one tire. So a 150psi should do good as long as it don't fall apart :lol:
As for quality it's anyones guess from your desciption.

Sounds ok to me but then again I'm no expert by any means. I'd say just keep on using it until it goes bang (which won't be for a long time though I hope)

Whats that old saying..."If it aint broke, don't fix it"

I know Kevin is very happy with his one. I think he has the 400 series if my memory's correct. VIAIR - 12 volt and 24 volt Air Compressors

Regards
Mr Turbo

I agree that any compressor is better than none, but there does come a time where u decide that its too slow... then you start looking at hard wired or belt driven compressors... (altho i dont know if any of those will work on a subaru... they are really popular for 4runners)

Last edited:
yeah anything is better than nothing but for such an important tool as a compressor you do want a quality brand and something you can rely on. you dont want to be in the middle of nowhere with faulty gear. if you've got any doubt just buy a new one

Yeah well looks like I'm gonna have to buy a better one.. I was filling the tire of a wheelbarrow the other day and when I was done I was wrapping the hose around the compressor and it snapped the guage off.. but the metal stuff inside the plastic the broke still looks connected but I guess I answered my own question about how quality it is. :D definitely not going to rely on it when I'm way out in the middle of nothingness.

Back