View Single Post
Unread 12th August 2015, 07:26 AM
Forum Member

guzzla is on a distinguished road

Agree here that light and simple is the way to go. I can't believe some of the heavy monsters I've seen on my travels across northern outback Australia.

I'm still a fan of my Stockman Podtrailer www.podtrailer.com

For me it has everything I want to be comfortable yet is very good to tow over poor terrain. It weighs 350kg unloaded and 450kg loaded with full gas bottle, food, kitchen ware, food, clothes, bedding, 60L water and 2x20L petrol. Mine has the off-road springs, lengthened drawbar, spare wheel, Trigg offroad hitch, LED lights, a slide out kitchen unit with 2 burner Smeg stove, sink with pump and 3 storage drawers, deep cell battery for LED lights, 180cm x 140cm bed (I'm tall and wished it was a little longer)bars to carry my kayak which does not have to be removed when erecting the camper and has a 47kg hitch load when fully loaded. It is unbelievably stable to tow to any speed (and I'm talking about speeds a NA Forester would have trouble reaching without a trailer) and tracks straighter than my Forester itself over rough stuff - it was brilliant over the corrugations on the Gibb River Road. It gets many admiring comments and inquiries by other campers when they see how simple, fast and effective it is to erect.

It's great to see other makers are into these other trailers as there is a growing market for them it seems.