• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

What have you done to your car today?

I do understand the benefits of having a locker in the rear axle when driving offroad.. if there is an affordable solution for that i want one!
But for a central locker with an manual tranny i do not understand the need for that. I thought that a fozzy with a MT did have an automatic locking central diff? I hope this is understandable, it was quite hard to put this in english...:iconwink:

@stilson, the box cost me 500 £ and the controller 200 US$...not very cheap !

@casper, you can see the benefit of a central locker if you have a look at the video posted by Gravel Rocks from under his car, you can see that he has 3 wheels on the ground but can't go further because the power goes on the wheel in the air. The manual Foz has an 8kg center LSD that is good for better traction in mud, snow, sand but not efficient with a wheel in the air, same with the oem rear LSD. :madred:

I thought it was a 4kg centre also. A few people have looked at putting a 12kg centre in or even 20kg. A plated rear LSD would help with a lifted rear wheel but even with a lifted front wheel with an open diff, if the centre is working properly you should still get drive.

Its critical to keep the same size (incl tread depth) tyres front & rear so it doesnt wear out the centre diff, this would show up by having only one wheel lifted but no drive.

Note: with 2 wheels lifted, dont expect drive unless you have good LSDs fitted....

Amp and sub woofer went in today, all wired up and working really well, best $90 I ever spent that's amp, sub and wiring.
So that's a grand total of $309 and I have touch screen double din unit with GPS, Bluetooth hands free that works well, DVD player, iPod connectivity, amp and sub. It also has very good clarity with stock speakers in the car, I have however procured some Sony speakers the have 40w running power, 190w peak power as new speakers for the car at a sale from supercheap for $25 a pair which when fitted will be $359 for a whole new stereo.
Btw got the amp and sub from cash converters, they are getting rid of all automotive car audio gear and I paid $45 for the sub and amp and I bought a wiring kit for $45.

Awesome :lildevil:

today i.installed plugs wires hotter coil pack poked out cat converters made bigger exaust . balljoints inner and outer tie rods . took out sway bar. . and installed strut top support . tomorrow change dif and tranny fluid. along with alignment

You're not wrong about that mate :)

It sounds like you've been busy, busy, busy ericstell :ebiggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Ughh.. Scooby2 has suffered a bout of baked on bat poo...... much scrubbing... to find out the secret. WD40 removes it, then wash it off quickly. I think once it's all gone she will need a wax & polish. Yes... I know now... get it off as soon as it happens!

I've done it again.... bought another L-Series...

This time it's a 92 Sportswagon in absolute immaculate condition with an EJ22 conversion unlicenced..
Got it home and only had to make one stop.... overheated due to a headgasket. Goes like a bat out of hell with the EJ22 in it, I reckon it's not too far off a Forester XT!

20130406181801.jpg

1287ii320.jpg

7474j4020.jpg

Terrific looking beastie Taza.

Did I see the words "blown head gasket" ...

From my Batphone

Thanks guys, sold my other L-Series (the one behind in the picture with both of them) today. Put it up on Gumtree this morning and within a few hours I had around 5 phone calls. Sold it to the first buyer, got what I was asking for it too.. :cool: They sell like hot cakes, I can see why too. Good, little, reliable cars :ebiggrin:

Yes it has a blown Headgasket and I think the rear has raised springs. Yep, i'll be able to get it licenced. Should get it over the pits legally with the EJ22 in a few weeks. Going to pull the engine and do the HG's with Stilson on thursday arvo. It's currently parked at his house in the 1m deep ditch out back :raspberry: :lol:

two new front struts in the 04 forrie today. while i was there i got a unwanted service :shake: nothing wrong with the service but wasn't needed, wanted or asked! i definitely do not plan on paying the full amount for the service for someone elses mistake ;)

EDIT: i went for monroe struts, time will tell if there any good

Back