• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Xs or xt

Hope it is as good as you are expecting, OO.

Have a safe trip home in your new baby ... :) :cool:

Gidday OO

Well it's nearly 1 and I am about to hit the road, what a machine this thing is, looks like new drives like new and I am so glad I got the turbo ;)

Very glad it is in such good nick, mate :ebiggrin: :cool:.

For almost all of us, buying a car is the second biggest expense we will ever incur in life; whether new or s/h.

You should get a very good feel for it on your long trip home.
Go safely.

Thats great to hear OutbackOiler :ebiggrin:

Enjoy the drive home in the XT mate & let it be a safe trip :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Did just over 1500km today and I have to say what a machine, still glad I got the XT over the xs that instant power is fantastic hang the expense of the extra fuel, I pulled over at 5:30 folded the rear seats down and had a sleep, it was actually quite comfy. The drivers seat was good for me and I could cope for the whole day. I am a very happy chappy and my wife is jealous :twisted:

Gidday again OO

Let me clean the bug carnage off it first :raz:

1500 kms in a day :rolleyes: :surprised: ...
Takes me back to a long-gone youth, with 1350 miles in about 19 hours ... Only had low beam for all the night driving, too. Under-powered alternator threw a wobbly an hour into the evening! The things we do when we are young ...

You know what the last thing that goes through a bug's mind when it hits your windscreen is?

Its ar*eh*le ... :lol:
Poor bug.

Glad to hear that you're loving it!! :cool: :lildevil:

I must say that my N/A has enough jump for me these days; but when I was 20~30 years younger ... :iconwink:

Congratulations on picking up what appears to be a good buy. Nice to see some people still look after their cars. Brisbane to Townsville in the one go. Man, how many times have I done that? I lived for 13 years in Cairns and the Atherton Tableland and did at least 2 regular trips a year to Brisbane. Only 2 animal strikes in that time.

How did the fuel consumption go on the trip?

Fuel consumption wasnt what I would call impressive but good enough, I only averaged about 10l/100km on the way back but I did sit mostly on 110kmh and was like a child with a new toy when overtaking :lol:. I do however belive I will have much better economy than my volvo and any 6 cyl sedan or wagon I might have bought. I still have to get through the thrill of acceleration stage:twisted: and making ss comodore owners cry at every turn (they want to drag everyone up here).
What i love the most is that I can get decent acceleration with only 1/4 pedal.
I was lucky enough that the car had a full toowong subaru history from new and when I spoke to them they told me the whole history down to the fact that I am the second owner. The reason I got the car for a good price is because the yard I bought it from werent what I would call the best detailers, they had the bulk of the car clean but it was all the little things up close that let it down. there was grubby marks on the head lining and in the door trims and on the load cover enough to make the average punter think twice. I spent half an hour on it when I got home and the interior now looks fantastic. They should have got a lot more money for it, there laziness is my gain in the end.

Great to see the customer winning instead of the stealer (sorry dealer) for a change :woohoo:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Gidday OO

What i love the most is that I can get decent acceleration with only 1/4 pedal.
My N/A MY06 is like that, too.
The accelerator pedal isn't connected to anything ... Except the ECU, that is.

I was lucky enough that the car had a full toowong subaru history from new and when I spoke to them they told me the whole history down to the fact that I am the second owner. The reason I got the car for a good price is because the yard I bought it from werent what I would call the best detailers, they had the bulk of the car clean but it was all the little things up close that let it down. there was grubby marks on the head lining and in the door trims and on the load cover enough to make the average punter think twice. I spent half an hour on it when I got home and the interior now looks fantastic. They should have got a lot more money for it, there laziness is my gain in the end.

We got both of ours under similar circumstances. Neither the small dealer (Roo2) nor the very big dealer (RonnyRoo) understood exactly what they had on their hands - BUT I did ... :ebiggrin: :lol: :cool:

Got excellent deals on them both ... :biggrin:

Glad you are so happy with yours; and got a good deal, to boot :).

Fuel consumption wasnt what I would call impressive but good enough, I only averaged about 10l/100km on the way back but I did sit mostly on 110kmh and was like a child with a new toy when overtaking :lol:.
I can just see the grin now. You should get better than that in the future. I just checked the figures from my last trip to Cairns and after filling at Redcliffe I filled at Mt Larcom 8.3, Mackay 9.0, Townsville 8.5 and Cairns 9.5 I usually cruise with the speedo on 110-115 depending on the speed limit. My brother does the trip too in his 03 X and gets much the same as I do.

Back