thieves

eden

bush bash'n ranga
heres a good one! i needed to replace my 2 front cv shafts so i rang up Rushcutters bay subaru spare parts to get a price so i could give them to my mechanic and the salesman didn't know what the hell i was on about; so he gets the head meechanic on the phone and he says they don't use oem cv's cause there too expensive and have to come from Japan. he says they get them from a guy in Campsie who repairs them on a swap over basis. then he says he will put me on to another guy who will get me a price. other guy says he will only get them if they install them, so he gives me a quote for $790. i say i only wan't the two front ones not all 4, he says yeah for $790 thats all you GET, so i say we'll you can GET f@#*ed.:mad:
I get out the good old yellow pages look for a cv joint guy in Campsie, there's only one, happy days! he says for two front suppy and fit will cost me $320 happy days just got happier.:D

heres a good one! i needed to replace my 2 front cv shafts so i rang up Rushcutters bay subaru spare parts to get a price so i could give them to my mechanic and the salesman didn't know what the hell i was on about; so he gets the head meechanic on the phone and he says they don't use oem cv's cause there too expensive and have to come from Japan. he says they get them from a guy in Campsie who repairs them on a swap over basis. then he says he will put me on to another guy who will get me a price. other guy says he will only get them if they install them, so he gives me a quote for $790. i say i only wan't the two front ones not all 4, he says yeah for $790 thats all you GET, so i say we'll you can GET f@#*ed.:mad:
I get out the good old yellow pages look for a cv joint guy in Campsie, there's only one, happy days! he says for two front suppy and fit will cost me $320 happy days just got happier.:D

Obviously the first guy used the ones made from 'Unobtanium' - a rare and expensive metal (similar to that being used currently by the new Subaxtreme :D) guaranteed to boost the price 200%

Cheers

Are they for real :eek:

I've given up dealing with subaru for advice parts. I do my own homework and shop around.

Eden, try the NRMA service centres that have opened up around the place. They offer fixed price lump sum for repairs.

Eden who was the shop that you spoke to in campsie as i know one in the area really well and he allways gives me a better deal than most people can get , so if you havent had them change let me know and i'll give you his number.

Regards

MR-hilux

Back