What have youse been up to?

silver

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
I've done a couple of things to the little beast since we were last here.
Stripped it out and put a bit of sound proofing felt stuff on the floor and upgraded to Lightforce 170's from the 140's. MUCH better!!! I just unscrewed the relectors,put the new globes in and away you go.
Also set a new milage record while testing out the reserve light. 645klms for 55.03ltrs using Shell V. Going to try the new BP Ultimate soon.
Got a new job. Transfered from Woolworths supermarkets to Woolworths Petrol as a 2IC of a new site in Mission Beach which is 50klms from where i live. Selling petrol has got to be one of the worst jobs around at the moment i suppose,but it's not too bad.
The pay is not quite as good but at least i work almost normal hours and the paper work is bloody unbelievable!!!!
Not sure i will last long as i'm well past my use by date up here but it is not a good time to go to Tassie.
Just got a new Samsung 40" LCD tele on the strength of the new job which was probably not a good idea. Bit hard to fit it in the Subie when i move!!!
Also got a new Samsung 22' 2253BW monitor which is NICE and finally got Broadband up and running last night.:D

Also set a new milage record while testing out the reserve light. 645klms for 55.03ltrs using Shell V. Going to try the new BP Ultimate soon.
:D
thats got to be a record.thats good milage.what sort of driving and speed were you traveling? if your working for woolies shoulden't you be talk'n up vortex?;):p

Driving at the speed limit and it included plenty of 100k stuff as i was training in Cairns (90ks away). The Vortex we sell is only the 95 not the 98.
Don't know if i've got a freak car but filled up today on normal unleaded(last tank was also standard stuff) and it was 44ltrs for 530klms. This is mostly 80 and 100kph stuff. I'm going very gently through the gears and using cruise at 80 and above.
Things tend to change quickly with me and i told the boss today i'm leaving on 31st August. Not happy with the pay vs the responsibilities.
The pay was 1.75% less than my old pay with no review for 15months and considering inflation i reckon that works out to an 8% pay cut over 15 months for a job that is a defacto managers job with many more responsibilities and so thats thats.
Been here 2yrs anyway and thats too long.

Right after the forum went down we had our Pisgah Spring meet!!!

Got stuck behind a slow MOOOving :)rolleyes:)cow on the way.
12sm.jpg

Guess I should post this up in the Trip Reports though.

I took a trip solo (no wife or kids) to Atlanta GA to party down with my best friend whom I haven't seen in a few years and do some hanging out with our new found admin. SuperRu. (Re)Taught myself the lesson of why I stick to beer and stay away from liquor.:eek: Saw the new Indiana Jones movie at a Drive In (remember those???)
21sm.jpg

The BBQ, the silly hats, and then 'White-Trash-Car-Port-Hang-Out' afterwards, and we watched the movie, which was good, in there somewhere too. Classic Indiana Jones, with the right amount of Indiana Jones 'cheeseiness'.
25sm.jpg

32sm.jpg

Did some off-roading in North GA, Coopers Creek, That same weekend with my friend Mr.Zee from the yotatech forum.:cool:
48sm.jpg

Hayden, my son, met some kid at camp who was racing BMX (bicycle motocross). I used to race when I was a kid, so we went and checked it out. Since then we've been going to practice nights every Thursday. I'm signed up too, why let him have all the fun???, the tracks are way different since I was a kid. Many more and MUCH bigger jumps, the other dad's out there could not wipe the grin off of my face, and now I have a new money pit to wallow in.:rolleyes: No pics of me, but heres the boy.
03.jpg

That about sums it up, hope everyone else has been having fun and staying well!!! Great to be back.

Last edited:
Well I've done heaps of trips lately, Watagans, heaps of fire trails down the south coast, River Island for training day with the Subie Club, Blue Mountains etc.

BUT, the subie is currently out of action, we had an accident on the way to the Watagans 2 weeks ago, some drunk idiot cut in front of us at a set of lights in the rain... and the subie is now sitting in a workshop waiting for the new front bar to turn up from Goulburn...:mad:

Its due to be picked up on thursday... but the bar hasn't turned up yet:(

Its annoying not having the car, but luckily no-one was hurt.

...BUT, the subie is currently out of action, we had an accident on the way to the Watagans 2 weeks ago, some drunk idiot cut in front of us at a set of lights in the rain... and the subie is now sitting in a workshop waiting for the new front bar to turn up from Goulburn...:mad:

Its due to be picked up on thursday... but the bar hasn't turned up yet:(

Its annoying not having the car, but luckily no-one was hurt.

Bummer Dude.

Well its all done. Got my resignation faxed away,by coincidence the head honcho HR lady was on a visit yesterday and we had a talk and she has offered me a job as a casual with Woolies Petrol anywhere in Australia when i turn up and if a job is availiable.
Leaving Innisfail sometime between mid/late August. Going to take a month or two to get back to Vic via the Gold Coast (yuk!),mid north coast,Sydney and maybe down the south coast of NSW and around the corner and along the bottom of Vic. I'll see how it goes. Then off to Tassie for a look see.
Trouble is i've collected too much stuff. Not sure how i will fit a 40" LCD TV,computer,monitor,speakers,printer and the usual stuff in a Subie.
Really looking forward to getting on the road and seeing whats instore for me next.:confused::woohoo::cool::D

Hey Andy, hows the Suzi go? They're a nice looking car.
Pretty good, not really tried it off road yet, apart from a short section yesterday. But on road it's good, surprisingly faster than I thought it would be and very good fun round the twisties.;)

Hey silver - still got my old stocker swaybar in that thing? how's it going?

My old XT is somewhere over in WA these days ...:cool:

Greetings!! Yeah, still got it. The Whiteline one was nothing but trouble. Not sure where i left it. Maybe Vic. Think my OEM one is still at the Gold Coast. I'll check it out when i get there. Heading back to Vic. and will be there sometime in Sept.
Car is going great and can't wait to leave.
Just ordered 2 new tyres and had to settle for different ones as the G3's are being deleted. Went for quieter ones, Bridgestone of course, ER592's.
Might catch up when i get back.
You still got a Forrie?

Hey Les, would you believe that the last time I drove your XT is still the last time I have driven a manual. These slush boxes really make you lazy! I spent all of last year trying to get a house built so didnt have any time or energy left for much else. We moved in on the 19 December (almost had to steal the keys off the builder) and have been doing landscaping and stuff most weekends, oh and fixing the builders defects for them.

Still have the 04 XT, and still need a little panel work done on the front end. Approaching the 100K service so we will see how it goes... or if it goes!

David is growing into a cheeky little brat but I guess that is just Karma :iconwink:

Wendy is good, but misses getting out and about with the Fozzie.

Ant.

Back