OFFROADSUBARUS.COM

OFFROADSUBARUS.COM (https://offroadsubarus.com/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://offroadsubarus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Howdy from Melbourne Australia (https://offroadsubarus.com/showthread.php?t=7470)

1WD Foz 17th December 2017 12:27 PM

Howdy from Melbourne Australia

Hi guys and gals,

I recently bought a 98 Forester Limited dirt cheap, have started modding it for off-roading and thought Iíd join a forum and introduce myself.
Iím new to the off-roading scene and would like to Learn.

:biggrin:

jf1sf5 17th December 2017 04:08 PM

Hi 1WD !

You're just at the right place, welcome !

Rally 17th December 2017 04:41 PM

Hi, maybe check out the various build threads, it will at least show you what has been done.

scalman 17th December 2017 05:04 PM

hello. nice to see you. and i hope you wont be driving 1WD in real . jk. and show us pics of your car.i learned in forums too. but forst and most important you need to tell yourself what you want from your car. and its better thats its not just : ohh i saw this cool car and i want same too.

Kevin 17th December 2017 05:06 PM

G'day & Welcome aboard!

Rally 18th December 2017 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scalman (Post 98712)
hello. nice to see you. and i hope you wont be driving 1WD in real . jk. and show us pics of your car.i learned in forums too. but forst and most important you need to tell yourself what you want from your car. and its better thats its not just : ohh i saw this cool car and i want same too.

Excellent point. Just because everyone puts a lift kit in, for example, doesnít mean you need to. It might, but not necessarily. Too many people build a car for somebody else so they waste a lot of money

Ben Up North 18th December 2017 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally (Post 98738)
Excellent point. Just because everyone puts a lift kit in, for example, doesnít mean you need to.

I think that's a pretty poor example, considering the forum is dedicated to offroad. Except if you only drive on saltpans I guess.

Now, if you used tyres for your example...! :lildevil:

1WD Foz 22nd December 2017 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jf1sf5 (Post 98704)
Hi 1WD !

You're just at the right place, welcome !

Howdy Mate , Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally (Post 98707)
Hi, maybe check out the various build threads, it will at least show you what has been done.

Hey Rally nice to meet you. Ive had a little look , some amazing builds going on, hopefully i can add a build thread of my own soon :ebiggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scalman (Post 98712)

Hey mate, nice to meet you also, I promise i won't be driving in 1WD lol
I really love my Subaru and at the moment im looking for a little more clearance, I've so far got the rear shocks and springs replaced and am waiting on the fronts to arrive, all stock height.
Ive been in touch with Nachaluva as im keen to buy his 2"SUBIELIFTOZ kit after Christmas.

Will try to upload a few pics for you guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 98713)
G'day & Welcome aboard!

Thank you very much Kevin, nice to finally meet you after reading so many of your posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally (Post 98738)
Excellent point. Just because everyone puts a lift kit in, for example, doesnít mean you need to. It might, but not necessarily. Too many people build a car for somebody else so they waste a lot of money

I promise i will lift my Foz for me and my wife only :discomonkey: :ebiggrin:

thanks again everyone for such a warm welcome

Kind regards

1WD

NachaLuva 22nd December 2017 01:52 AM

Gday :welcome:

scalman 22nd December 2017 02:08 AM

2" or 2.5" are perfect lifts for foz. Most important enjoy working on your cars and driving them.