good Aus supplier of recond EA82 5-speed ?

Henpecked

Forum Member
adelaide with sojourns in canberra and sydney
good supplier of recond EA82 5-speed ?
My '90 brumby had a s/h EA82 G/box put into it for the previous owner in Feb 08 by Suba Bits of Clayton Vic. ( got the receipt !). The previous owner said it was actually the second one that he had put in as the first one was too noisy and he had them put in another.

Unfortunately last week it (apparently) decided to select 2 gears at the same time when I was about to drive from Canberra to Adelaide.

Subsequently the Brumby is now sitting with Haig Park/Subaroo Service in Mitchell ACT while I had to find alternative transport to get back here to Adelaide. I obviously have no comeback with Suba Bits and it would be ridiculous for me to try to hit them up for another box, given it was fitted 12 months ago.

Subaroo act had checked and serviced the car 3 weeks before and had said the G/B was a little noisy, but there really was no warning of the failure,

ahhh well, just bad luck I suppose

I intend to keep the Brumby for some time as it has already had considerable work done on it.

So.....

Given that getting a 3rd s/h G/B is going to cost at least $500-$600 and only have a 3 month g'tee ( and like me they are not getting any younger ! ), and rather than have Subaroo act attempt to rebuild/recondition the current G/B, I thought i would look arround to see the possability of getting a fully reconditioned unit.

does anyone have any recommendations re what business ( fortunately canberra's close to both Vic and NSW for this) to source a fully reconditioned box from for Subaroo ACT to fit , and one who may well provide a 12 month g'tee and some back up ?.

Yeah sounds like a tough one to find a reconditioned gearbox for the L series... Best place to find an L series gearbox at a decent price would be at a pick a part yard, most gearboxes are generally pretty good. Best way to find out is to open it up before you buy it and check its internal condition. Shouldn't cost much more than $200 and some of your time...

Cheers

Bennie

Back