Sunshine coast 4x4 sesh!

fandizzle

Forum Member
Car Model
XT
Hay fellas, a few weeks ago (now) me in my roo and my mate in his land cruiser hit up the Roys Road tracks (side of the Bruce Highway, heading north). It was great fun getting the cars very, very dirty and seeing my mates land cruiser fill up with water after i snatched him out and seeing it belly out on its diffs. The roo went very well and i have many pictures and videos. Was a great day with no damages except for more scratches on my sump gaurd. Oh and the landcruisers carpet :lol:
Let me know if youve visited these tracks before. :thumbs:
Subaru articulation. This quick decent was quit steep. Had a lot of fun going up and down it, playing in the ruts.
DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

For those wondering about the sumpgaurd, you can see a little bit of it.
DSC00142.jpg

P7083841.jpg

Bogged landcruiser in the "impossible clay" that the roo went through :)
P7083843.jpg

After:
P7090764.jpg

P7090766.jpg

P7090759.jpg

Washed (excuse the rav 4):
P7270795.jpg

Videos:
Mates Land Cruiser filling up with water (when I pulled him out) :thumbs:
https://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv204/fandizzle/?action=view&current=20090709100441.flv
Decent then a shallow water crossing.
https://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv204/fandizzle/?action=view&current=20090709095546.flv
leave some feedback please :drinks:

Looks like you had a great, dirty time fandizzle. :lol:
Nice to see that your Subi saved the day when it pulled the real 4WD out when it got stuck. :p
Great pics & thanks for sharing. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Yea smash sure did, the roo went straight through it and i look in the re vision mirror and the Land cruiser was stuck not going anywere

Nice, yeah ive been through those tracks, the mud and waterholes can get quite deep and rutted. Love your work.

Very nice. Not every day a subaru pull loose a land cruiser :lol:

Lol yes well it's not meant to be that a awd can be as capable as a 4wd. The arguements i have with my friends! it s***s me to tears!

Nice, yeah ive been through those tracks, the mud and waterholes can get quite deep and rutted. Love your work.

yes exactly, very fun indeed!

Great pics fandizzle been out there once yah lots of mud.
We will have to hook up one day and go wheeling.

Jan

Great pics fandizzle been out there once yah lots of mud.
We will have to hook up one day and go wheeling.

thanks a lot! yes hahhaha lots and lots of mud, i was cleaning the underside for a while. yes, I'm keen for that!

top work mate! exhaust sounds great in the second vid!

Thanks again!

Back