With a nip of cold in air we all met up @ Cooranbong Park @ approx 10am

all up we had 4 rigs

Myself OGJON in the Terry/Paj along with my M8 Ben
Pete TIMSIE in the Patrol along with his rug rats
Damo Mr TURBO in the Forry
& Shane in the 110 County

Once we did the usual met & greet & talked crap lol
we headed off to the tracks out @ Dora Creek
5-6mins of black top saw us out to the 1st track(Old Hawkmount fire trail)
which saw us flexing up as we drove through the rut @the start of the track once we were all on we locked hubs.

Our 1st obstacle for the day was a nice easy hill climb with some very minor ruts, once up the top we made a right hand turn then headed through a small puddle b4 making a left onto the actual fire trail
1min of smooth dirt saw us to the 1st boghole of the day
approx 2 & 1/2 vehicle lengths long, firm base & fairly shallow.
most of us put on a good show of splash weeeeeeeee water flying
after approx another 2mins we were back onto the main track & heading for the old WAE quarry where we had a bit of play on the hill climbs & in the mud while keeping an eye out for the lil tikes riding their motor bikes
after a bit of play we headed back out & followed the power lines for the next few ks b4 making a left turn to head down the short rutted hill to have a bit of a play in the mud pit beneath the power lines where MrTurbo grabbed his camera for some photogs

Once we all had enough of the mud we headed over to another quarry but to our dismay the damn GOV had been in there & demolished most of the good rock steps & filled up the rest of the place with mounds of very soft dirt.
They also had closed off the main rd so we headed back down to the power line track & followed it for the next 15 mins we did 1 or 2 shallow creek crossings, drove through some decent sized ruts then once we came off of the power line track & back onto the smooth dirt tack I saw bit of a rock ledge on the side of the track & decided that we had to stop to get some posing flex shots, it took a bit of work but we managed to get Damo to give it a go with the forry. As per usual Pete out flexed every1.
it was right @ this time that while flexing up shane bent the swaybar linkage & with a big cracking sound busted his rear passenger axle
just as well he has a detroit lokka in the back.
After this we pressed on to the next power line track which saw us end up @ a T intersection continuing straight saw us driving through some small mud holes & then come to a nice deepish river crossing, I sent Pete in the troll through as his rig was the biggest(6" lift & a snorkel) the water was lapping @ his head lights so the rest of us checked out the other line options.
To the left was rather rutted & on the right was ok but looking @ the humps we decided not to attempt it so we turned around headed back through the mud holes & made a right hand turn up the track back @ the T intersection, which saw us climbing up an easy hill with a few turns every now & then.

Once up near the top we stopped for lunch & another chance to talk crap.

After lunch we headed down Shannola Ave to cross over the black top & turn down an easy track with 1 creek crossing that was mainly pebbly with only a tiny bit of water, once through the creek we entered another quarry where we had bit of a play with more photo ops.
We played around for approx 20mins then decided to head over to Freemans Waterhole to have a play & some more photo ops in the Awaba RV Training Grounds, we played around for a good hour then @ approx 2:30pm we all headed out, said out piece & sodded off in our own direction heading for home.

All in all a top day was had by all & every1 was smiling :ebiggrin:

PIX WILL BE UP WHEN MR TURBO GOES THROUGH THEM & UP LOADS THEM

Last edited:
Yep it was a great day, I'll be back to explore more of those tracks and quarries for sure.

Hopefully have my car back in a few days, might even do a few tracks on the way home when I pick it up, start at Mount Sugarloaf and just keep heading south!

I've got a few photos I'll sort through as well, I didn't take many, but I know Damian has some crackers of the Troll doing its thing, flexing over mountains. Man that thing has some serious flex! I think I've got a few good one's of the subie splashing its way through a few bog holes.

Sounds like a good day! (except for the "cracking" bit of course!)

Had a quick flick through the camera, there's a nice one of the subie throwing some nice brown rooster-tails, will try to get them onto the computer tonight and post them tomorrow (no internet at home at the moment)

I've finally had a chance to sort the pics out of our recent trip.

img7865k.jpg

img7868w.jpg

lq7x9249.jpg

lq7x9147.jpg

lq7x9174.jpg

lq7x9187.jpg

lq7x9199.jpg

lq7x9229.jpg

lq7x9251.jpg

lq7x9252.jpg

Regards
Mr Turbo

any chance you could put up the pic of me standing next to my rig on the rocks?

Looks like a spectacular day folks!!!:)
It was mate, it was :ebiggrin:
But wait, I haven't seen a pic of a Subie yet.:confused::iconwink:
Hopefully Cheyne_r has a few pics of my Forry out playing last Sunday & will be kind enough to put them up in the next couple of days, when he gets time. :iconwink:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Awesome shots damien! They look unreal.

There are shots of the Subie coming, I didn't get a chance to do them last night, will try do them tonight.

Watch this space.

Here's a few of the subie, these are straight off the camera, no editing yet, just converted from RAW to Jpeg.

Attachments

• Damien Mud.JPG
    Damien Mud.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Damien Mud 2.JPG
    Damien Mud 2.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 16
  • Damien mud hole.JPG
    Damien mud hole.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Damien mud hole 2.JPG
    Damien mud hole 2.JPG