Yota & Landy Playin' in 'da Woods

carljwnc

Emeritus Forum Staff
I haven't been on any off road trips in a while, since I got laid off, but a friend of mine dragged me out of the house Sunday to go have some fun.:) Same 'ol place, Hurricane Creek, but it was nice and super wet (ie. Nice Mud:twisted:) out there since we've finally had some snow and good rain. The creek crossings were much deeper than usual, and for much of the drive the trail was a creek.

Anyhoo, enough jabber, I know y'all would rather see pics...

03.jpg

If you look closely you can see the road we drove up on.
01.jpg

14.jpg

29.jpg

Stopped by the 'mud holes', no we didn't go in...
45.jpg

Typically, if you do play around in these mud holes (they are deep), your vehicle comes out looking like this...
40.jpg

or this...
56.jpg

61.jpg

69.jpg

Been playin' around with the video capabilities on my camera. Beware hand held, while driving, kinda' bouncy.

Watch the wall on the right side, it goes on for over a 1/4 mile, hand stacked, no morter, and probably 8' thick at the base.

I take the Landy to SCHOOL!!! Actually, I just learned from his mistakes...

Now the souper smooth Yota action...

Alright, still haven't had enough??? Even more pics and videos on my Photobucket Account.

An awesome day, and some much needed recreational time for me :cool:, being unemployed is stressful.

If you look closely you can see the road we drove up on.
01.jpg

Yes I can see it. With all those sharp, tight corners & all, I bet you had some fun driving on it, :) aswell as the other tracks.
And the view from the top...stunning. :biggrin:

There's nothing better than enjoying a great day's driving in the great outdoors.
I love reading trip reports, thanks for sharing Carl. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

oooooooooooo man.

Your buddy drives my dream vehicle. I've literally been in love with them since middle school. And my favorite color!

Well done, nice report! Glad somebody dragged you out of the house!

mate got anymore pics of that hulk in your 7th pic? What is it?

The 'hulk' is an old bus, probably from the '50's, that was converted into a camper.
01sm.jpg

02sm.jpg

There is also a full sized bus out there which I don't have any pics of. I think that at some point in time this was a maintained road as there is also an old house...
06sm.jpg

and barn...
03sm.jpg

near the mud holes.

It was probably farming and logging land before it got taken over by the park service.

Glad y'all love the Landy. My buddy has loved his Land Rovers since he had a toy one as a child, he even has a Land Rover tattoo. We took a little side trail and I decided that I wanted to go for a ride in it, so I hopped in the passenger seat and took this video...

I was very impressed, seems like an unstoppable beast.:twisted: Sad to say that probably 99% of the Land Rovers stateside never see the dirt :sad:, this one does get used in it's proper form, it's even got bits and pieces cobbled together with hose clamps and coat hangers.:cool:

Back