Forester towbar wiring

carsan

Forum Member
I have purchased a genuine towbar and the wiring should just plug in near taillights somewhere. Does anyone know exactly where. It's not behind taillights.

plug should be near the spare wheel well behind the right taillights, you may need to remove the plastic tray to get to it

Found it thanks heaps lefty. You wouldn't happen to know the way subaru leads wire through to towbar would you. I think I'm going to enjoy belonging to this website. :)

Found it thanks heaps lefty. You wouldn't happen to know the way subaru leads wire through to towbar would you. I think I'm going to enjoy belonging to this website. :)

I fitted my towbar to my Forester with aftermarket wiring, so I can't say exactly. But it's been my experience, with fitting genuine wiring to new Suzukis, that they have a flat strap harness that just goes out through the tailgate and plugs into the trailer.

Does your harness have a flat strap type of cable?

remove the spare wheel and there should be a rubber grommet. Feed the wire through the hole

Ended up threading flat cable through rubber grommet behind taillight - thought best for not letting water in. Thanks heaps everyone.

That's great carsan. Just remember, next time you have a flat cable, it is not intended to go through any rubber grommets or holes in the body. It is supposed to stay coiled up in your spare wheel well and only brought out through your rear hatch when in use. There is no need for a permanent plug fixture on the rear of the vehicle or any holes in the body to let water in. What a great idea!!

IanC

Back