havachat

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester SG
Transmission
1.447 low range 4.44 diffs
Last edited by a moderator:
Good find, havachat! And thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.

Interesting info HC. Thanks.

I have downloaded and saved the PDF file.

I'm not sure their info on the SF & SG X & XS torque split is correct...I thought someone had posted official Subaru stats of torque split which showed the most it varied was 60/40 to 40/60 :shrug:

I like how they split the SF into series I, II & III. Unfortunately the rear pic of the SF Series I has the lights in the tailgate, which mine doesnt. thats the later series...

Gotta be careful of 3rd hand info, its not always accurate :(

It is interesting to note the torque split between the front and rear for the manual and auto models. This probably explains why the tyres on all four corners of my manual are wearing evenly whilst on my auto the front tyres seem to wear quicker.

Could also be explained by wheel alignment & hard cornering lol :iconwink:

This probably explains why the tyres on all four corners of my manual are wearing evenly whilst on my auto the front tyres seem to wear quicker.

Now it all makes sense! My tires up front are dangerously close to bald. (I am wearing them down before mounting the new Geo ATS.) Whereas the rear tires are closer to new than threadbare.

Hi Escher,

Now it all makes sense! My tires up front are dangerously close to bald. (I am wearing them down before mounting the new Geo ATS.) Whereas the rear tires are closer to new than threadbare.
I would suggest as the braking force is greater on the front tyres you rotate your front and rear for safety :ebiggrin: until you get the new rubber.

the funny thing is Ratbag and Mr T is I usually find information like this when searching for something else.

Ha!! You're not the only one who gets led up and down the garden path with that, mate.

I start off searching for something to do with cars, and end up at the US NIMH site, or NASA ...

e.g. check out the NASA pictures of the day archive here ...

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html ...

Just absolutely wonderful :biggrin: :cool: :rotfl:.

I start off searching for something to do with cars, and end up at the US NIMH site, or NASA ...

e.g. check out the NASA pictures of the day archive here ...

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html ...

A bit of a hijack but this is brilliant:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TssbmY-GM&feature=player_embedded"]Wringing out Water on the ISS - for Science! - YouTube[/ame]

I would suggest as the braking force is greater on the front tyres you rotate your front and rear for safety :ebiggrin: until you get the new rubber.

Good point, havachat.

Had a major puncture in the rear -- a rusty steel nail about 10 cm long. So I installed the new rubber yesterday. Rear tires in the morning, so I could start driving. Front tires in the afternoon, when I had more time.

Will make sure to rotate this new set of wheels on a regular basis. Maybe a good excuse to get myself a decent lift, instead of using the one that came with the Fozza.

A bit of a hijack but this is brilliant:

Definitely a cool vid! Must have helped pass all the months in space to do something fun like that. Neat that it was the Commander's son who edited the video -- down on Earth, of course. :raz:

Sorry for the double hijack. Thought that NachaLuva was talking about this video from Commander Chris Hadfield:

Space Oddity, recorded on ISS

Last edited:
Back