Cockpit thread!

Fly

Forum Member
For those of us setting up their driver area (I prefer the word cockpit, it sounds more professional :cool: ), could be cool having a thread to post all these at the same place to help others setup their own!

GPS, CB radios, compass, nav laptops, tablets, accessories switches, etc... (I won't lie, I'm looking for ideas for my CB radio & mic :lol:)

I'll start:
1353551147-img-0335.jpg

- Arkon Tablet mount (cheap alternative to RAM) (with AUX wire running inside the flexible arm cover between the head unit and the tablet mount)
- Acer A500 (10in)
- ScanGauge II (besides the cigarette lighter)
- 2x USB adapter in the cigarette lighter
- Light switches on custom panels in empty seat heater slots

sorry i don't have pictures,
but i have my CB radio under my passenger seat with an extended micro-phone so it reaches well. its on a metal plate that is then velcro to the carpet so it doesn't move
kenwood radio handles my music with AUX input.
gps when in use sits in the middle so the navigator (partner) can see :lol:.
also have a converter so i can plug my phone charger/laptop/camera in to charge. make it much quicker then a standard ciggy lighter charger. this also sits on the feet of the passenger (next to the cb)

Well I posted it in the "Gallery" section so people can post their pictures :p

Maybe you could take one and add it to the post? This is really for everyone to share how they've setup their things.

I just want to show off my driving light switches
61XgB8P.jpg

I also have my garage door opener remote velcroed to my dash
neoprene seat covers
lots of radio upgrades and dynamat
redline goods leather armrest cover
"outback" emblem from my '96 outback glued to silver trim on passenger side

just want I want, super comfortable, looks ok even with the dumb "warm ivory," and practical/durable for all the muddy items that enter the car.

Great switches Fly :ebiggrin:
I really like the wording on them too, especially the right hand side one :poke::newmulti: :lol:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Eventual set up of car integrated Nav and entertainment systems with OBDII displayed via Dash Command on the Galaxy tablet. Hopefully it will be as clean and ubiquitous as Fly's.

3127ad3.jpg

:)

Back