Kevin

Administrator
Car Year
MY'03
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
A/T
Wow what a mass of destruction! I truly hope our members in the area are OK. Perhaps once things start getting back to normal they can let us know how they're getting on.

Gidday Kevin

Dreadful damage indeed! :(

We have family living in that area, and a number of other family members visiting them right now. They are OK, according to my brother.

A very old friend (physicist and oceanographer) informed me many years ago (about 40 ... ) that the combination of a king tide at the full moon, a low pressure system over the area and westerly winds for several days preceding, combined with very heavy rain could see most of Adelaide up to the base of the foot hills go under water.

Seems that this is what has happened on the east coast of the US.
Terrible situation, and I wish everyone there all the best with both their survival, and the inevitable clean up, commercial and domestic.

Not sure what the loss of life is up to but I'm glad its not in the 100s...this was a very severe storm! Estimated cost is already up to $44Bn!!

Lets hope no more people die from this shocker...

Last I heard, deathcount was around 85... :(

Hope all our members in the affected areas are alright. Around here, we had more rain than usual, but definitely nothing as extreme.

I've been following this disaster whilst I've been away.

I'd just like to let those who have been involved that you are in my thoughts.

I'm glad to hear that your family & friends are ok & safe Ratbag.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Vermont fared pretty well. I have relatives in Connecticut, some who have minor damage, one (at age 95) who lost everything. Have relatives on an island on the Virginia coast that, as of yet, I haven't been able to get ahold of.

I hope that your relatives that you can get hold of are all ok.

Hopefully having no news is & will be good news when you do hear from them.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back