struts/springs for lift!!!

97preza

Forum Member
so i picked up some struts/springs from a 1998 outback limited today. they are going on my 1997 impreza OBS in hopes of achieving some lift. hopefully i can get at least an inch and a half with just these parts. i will post some pics soon!! they came from the local pick n save junkyard. i tried to get the trailing arm brackets to set the rear tires back in place but couldnt get them off the donar car. hopefully i can find someone on one of these forums that has them for sale. any ideas or may have some?? thanks everyone.

Look forward to seeing the finished project!

yea, me too!! this is my first lifted vehicle and subaru in general! i have been offroad a little thru some trails and LOVED it! i just hope this makes the experiance even better!

Yeah it's even more fun when your not scared of tearing the bottom of your car off.
Hope your strut swap goes smoothly.

We just ended up extending mine by an inch with a second set of GC8 arms we had laying around and not worrying about lifting them at all, well not quite true, the car drove like a pig and would self steer so I swapped the 25mm lift I had put in for a 60mm lift and that didn't help at all so we then extended the arms which made the steering perfect but the back wheels were a bit far back so I took the 60mm lifts out a couple of weeks ago and everything is perfect so that's what I'd suggest you do....a 1" extension.

thanks everyone. i plan on getting before and after pics.(i know i love seeing them on everyone elses builds) Its just a strut/spring swap for now. thinking of maybe some strut top spacers later but just wanted to see how things turned out this way first, being that its my first lift project and wanted to see how this thing handles. ;)

Mine handles pretty much as well as it did when it was lowered but that's the stiff Dobinson springs & STI front sway bar, the rear one is hung up on a cable tie it's that useless.

Back