My Baja

miles1776

Forum Member
A couple shots of a winter camping trip we did in Southern Kentucky last year. The Baja went anywhere I wanted it to go. I did manage to break the fold out license plate holder on the rear. It sticks down past the bumper cover with the tailgate opened. I had to cross a nasty little creek and it just touched the ground.

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 039_wall.jpg
    039_wall.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I really like the Baja... I probably would have gone with one rather than the Forester if we had them Down Under...

Wacked a 2 inch lift kit in, some bloody big tyres, some barwork... ahhh the possibilities!!

G'day miles1776 & :welcome: to ORS.

I really like the Baja... I probably would have gone with one rather than the Forester if we had them Down Under...
I'm with you on that one mate. If the Baja was available here I would have grabbed one in a heart beat, thats for sure :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Baja

Thanks fellas.

I just wish they still made it. A Baja style vehicle on the new outback platform would be an awesome vehicle! The thing really woke up when I put yoko geolanders on it. I had to go a size up but they don't rub. Great tires. A little loud on the highway though but great offroad.

Baja

Well, shame but this one is the last year they made it. 2006. They are few and far between these days and fetch a pretty penny. I just bought a 2012 outback to take over the domestic duties.

Nice ride. I had an 06 Baja untill it went through was I thought was a snow covered road following tire tracks. turned out to be ice with two feetn of water under it. TOTALED...I miss it...But I enjoy the Foz that replaced it.
IMG_4328.jpg

Nice ride. I had an 06 Baja untill it went through was I thought was a snow covered road following tire tracks. turned out to be ice with two feetn of water under it. TOTALED...I miss it...But I enjoy the Foz that replaced it.

Oops :o:(

Nice replacement though lol ;)

bummer

That is a bummer about totaling your Baja. Looked just like mine. I'm really enjoying my new Outback. Had a chance to drive it for awhile now (about 1500 miles on the odo) and it is really nice. I love all the nice additions. Heated mirrors and seat are awesome. Took awhile to get used to the variable transmission. And the paddle shift is pretty cool. Haven't had it offroad at all yet but I will this next weekend. I'm sure the stock tires will be the weak link at this point.

No injuries. I was traveling at 5-10 mph. The bottom just dropped out from under me. The one good thing is the replacement Subie is older/used making it less painful to do mods. Like cutting the hood for the scoop and splicing both bumpers.
IMG_3795.jpg

Looks fantastic medtec :raz:
I really like what you've done with the front & rear bumper too :biggrin:
Especially with the rear lights behind the mesh :ebiggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back