• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Bound For South Australia

my04tone

Forum Founder - RIP Tony
Haul away you rolling king
Heave away! Haul away!
All the way you'll hear me sing
And we're bound for South Australia

No not via a sailing ship as per the sea shanty but in the Forester and on the blacktop :iconwink: Big deal you say!! but this trip i am towing an approx loaded 1200kg Jayswan Camper, it will be a nice test to see how the old Foz tows this immaculate relic from 1979.

We are leaving in just over a week and taking 2 days to cruise over with envisaged nightly stops at Yambuk Lake and Kingston S.E (a chance to get some exploring done once we are camped)Then onward via The Wellington Ferry Crossing and around Lake Alexandrina, arriving in Normaville onThe Fleurieu Peninsula on the Wednesday where we will park the camper for 10days on the coast and go exploring in the Foz and of course lots of hiking in the bush and trying and get the whole area covered.We will head home via Murray Sunset National Park and get some more camping in before heading home.

Stay tuned for a trip report and updates on the Foz towing the camper everything is prepared and we are ready to go :cool:

Looking forward to seeing & hearing about your upcoming adventure my04tone :)
Have a great time, be safe & stay safe :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Looking forward to seeing & hearing about your upcoming adventure my04tone :)
Have a great time, be safe & stay safe :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Havent left anything to chance mate so hopefully all will go real well :ebiggrin:

Not camping in a tent or in the back of the car will be a change, unless we do an overnighter into Deep Creek Conservationa Area. My plans for the future are to set up a base camp and travel casual day trips around the radius, figure you get to see more of an area if you arnt travelling 100's of k's a day and dropping in taking a pic then heading off again.

Will end up living on the road for a while in a couple of years time, so there is a bit of a plan in the making.

:cool:

:woohoo: another epic adventure!!! Have fun, and safe travels.:ebiggrin:

Hey Carl!!

Yeah something a little different and a new chapter in my touring.

In about 18months the Forester will be sold for a much bigger 4x4. The Foz will be 10yrs old by then and will have been on more adventures than the average car, problem is its not going to tow a bigger rig so i will need to upgrade.

All the best Tony. Can't wait to see pics of the rig on the road!
Thanks Barry and Kevin, and i will keep everyone updated including some pix.

Leaving next Monday the 12th at 7am and should be off the road by 2pm easy, just going to be putting along with no need to be at any destination until Wednesday, so either of my 1st 2 planned stops are subject to change.

Back