97 impreza OBS lift questions????

97preza

Forum Member
i have a 1997 impreza OBS and i want to lift it a couple inches or so. the local pick n save junkyard has a 1996 legacy outback limited and i was wondering if the struts/springs would work with my vehicle?? i also want to get the trailing arm brackets to center the rear wheels. i believe they should work off this vehicle as well. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance :)

Yeah that'll help along with some heavy duty springs, you could also throw a 1" strut lift block in there while they are out, you might have to swap the top hats on the rear struts and you'll need the trailing arm brackets for sure, also a bigger tyre will give you up to another 1".

Here's mine but I need bigger tyres.
DSCN1301.jpg

thats a nice ride!! what suspension setup do you have?? i am looking to run something like a 205-75-15 or maybe a 215-70-15. i heard the yoko geolanders were good, or maybe the general grabber. any more suggestions?

thats a nice ride!! what suspension setup do you have?? i am looking to run something like a 205-75-15 or maybe a 215-70-15. i heard the yoko geolanders were good, or maybe the general grabber. any more suggestions?

Im running a 215/70R15 in Geolander and they are bloody great tyres. Highly recommended here!!

D_Generates wrx is a nice ride :cool:

The struts should fit. Maybe add some 1" raised HD springs and as D_Gen said 1" strut blocks too.

I'm running Forester struts with generally a 1" lift all round and the heavy duty longer springs but crappy little 205/60/16's but I'm seriously thinking of going 225/65/16 which by the looks of it will fit, being in the US of A tyres/tires are about half the price, I'd go with what Taza is running (also a top ride) they seem pretty popular.

Last edited:
Back