'Subaru' Family Trip

carljwnc

Emeritus Forum Staff
The first thing that was so cool about this trip was that I got my whole family to join in.:ebiggrin: My wife had never gone out on any of the real 4x4 trails with me, and our dog Tillie had never come along either. I was a little bit nervous that Laurie wouldn't enjoy it or it would hurt her sometimes problematic neck, and that Tillie would be too much of a handful to make it enjoyable. I'm very happy to report that I was wrong.:cool: Laurie, who had been on plenty of gravel road trips, saw much more of a 'point' to this sort trail running, her neck held out fine, but she did say there could be a limit. Tillie, just sat in the back seat with the kids and smiled, we kept her on leash, but she loved running around in the woods and playing in the creeks when we stopped.

No, no Subies were on this trip, just YotaRu and two FJ Cruisers. But the next thing that was was so cool was the other families that joined us. Some of you may remember this, I used to host a couple of Subaru meets a year. Out of these meets some long lasting friendships formed, Jami and his family, Doug and his family, and ours have have all known each other for 7 or so years now*. Our kids, even though they only see each other a few times a year, all get along great. It's been awesome seeing them all grow up and having such a great time together when they do get together, sometimes we have to pry them apart when it's time to say good bye. Apart from Subaru meets, we've also had trips to the NC zoo, just good 'ol social visits, and even family photo sessions, Laurie being the photographer she is. I must say too, Jami's wife Benji, and Doug's wife Renee are also very talented photographers, they are just not professionals like Laurie is. Photo geek speak flows aplenty when they get together.:) We also all love this Mexican restaurant Papa's and Beer, so this trip was really just taking the long way for some dining out.:iconwink:

Anyway...we didn't publicly announce this trip just because we wanted a quiet family outing, and I must say that it worked out incredibly well. What a great day!!! All because of a common love for our Subaru's.:ebiggrin:

Where did we go???

1305387275232.jpg

Oh, no....not again!!!:rolleyes:

I actually didn't take any pics, except the one above and one other. I will post some up, but I'm relying on others, so they will be here...

*SuperRu, your part of this extended family too, don't want you to feel left out, but we don't see you as often.:sad:

My wife had never gone out on any of the real 4x4 trails with me, and our dog Tillie had never come along either. I was a little bit nervous that Laurie wouldn't enjoy it or it would hurt her sometimes problematic neck, and that Tillie would be too much of a handful to make it enjoyable. I'm very happy to report that I was wrong.:cool:
Thats great to hear :raz:

Anyway...we didn't publicly announce this trip just because we wanted a quiet family outing, and I must say that it worked out incredibly well. What a great day!!!
I know what you mean mate.
Road trips with the family are always fun to have :biggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Doug goes wallowing in the mud and breaks in Jack's new skid plate.:) He yelled out the window and asked if we would pull him out if he got stuck, hence me saying "maybe".

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6nS3vTESMU"]YouTube - Untitled[/ame]

Got over 'Nemesis Rock' with only four attempts this time...then Jami, with his rear diff locked, just walks right over.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0USwXwhZBc"]YouTube - Untitled[/ame]

Doug too.:biggrin:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcu1AEu6GSY"]YouTube - Untitled[/ame]

Back