T/O Bearing issues (clutch release bearing)

SUMO Parts

Forum Member
Anyone encountered this and if so what did you do to correct it? Was it covered by the dealer? Any other failure associated with it?

I have a fix for it and yes I would like to sell it but I want to hear your stories first. I want to hear or see (prefered) what you have encountered.

I personally have had my own issues and have had to perform complete case swaps or trans swaps to correct it. I have had damaged clutch kits, and the list goes on and on.

Let me hear your words, if you would.

Yes I've had it happen to me. I broke the thruster bearing on my Forry a couple of months ago.

The small shaft on the front of the gearbox casing (which the thrust bearing fits on/over) was totally stuffed. So I had to replace the entire gear box casing as it's all in one piece (casing & shaft)
No it was not covered by the dealer & I had to pay the whole lot out of my own pocket.
I wish I'd known about your TSK (Transmission Sleeve Kit). It would have saved me a heap of $$$ thats for sure.

Regards
Mr Turbo

All of these we sell and we only get 1 reply??
Crazy. We are working on an installation video that shows some extensive damage. It's nuts how fast some of these self destructed. One guy heard a noise on Friday afternoon and made an appointment for Monday. Saturday morning it exploded. Driving the t/o bearing into the pressure plate and breaking the snout off completely. We hope to launch the video on Monday pending editing.

Maybe it is just a Forester issue because I have heard nothing about this on the WRX scene. Perhaps there is a difference between Forrie and WRX. In which case have a look to see if there is a difference in part numbers and see if a WRX part fits

Nope, not just a Forester issue. It's the full line up (excluding the STI) about 150 of these kits are sold every month. Legacy GT and WRX are the most common. Thanks for the info.

Back