ANZAC Day

Rally

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
WRX
Transmission
6 Speed
Well, with ANZAC day fast approaching and an extra long weekend as well, I was delighted when a mate of mine asked me last night if I would like to go to Gallipoli for the 100th Anniversary in 2015. I hesitated initially because I had been planning on going to Villers Bret, which would have been the 97th anniversary for that. But, how does one ignore the significance of one of the most important dates in our history. My only concern is that it will be absolutely chockers over there. If anyone has done it before I'd appreciate any advice. A mate of mine is Turkish so I plan on asking him for advice too. Would love it if he could come but although the Turks have been outstandingly generous ever since (Amazing considering we invaded their country) it might create an awkward moment to ask.

Another mate was there last night and his cousin had won the VC posthumously at Tobruk (He was the first to win the VC in WW2) and his grandfather had fought in WW1 and he was keen to go to Tobruk- which could be an issue considering the problems in Libya now) and he and some others including me want to go to France. So it could be quite a trip

Back