Flinders Ranges - July

jarradds

Forum Member
A few weeks ago I went to the Flinders with some mates, we stayed at Mulga View Station for 4 nights. There has been a fair bit of rain this year so it was pretty green and there were a lot of wildflowers, it also meant lots of water crossings and mud…

[FONT=&quot]We had my car (05 Outback), a Brumby and a Pajero. On day two we had a go at the Stirrup Iron Range 4wd track, we decided not to take the ‘Liberty wagon’ last minute because of the clearance. The Brumby has approx 2inches clearance on the Outback and it was scraping numerous times.

On day three we went to some gorges and along some of the public access roads. The Paj accidentally reveresed into a tree branch and broke its back window.

Day four we went to Arkaroola and along some of the tracks around there. We went to this hot spring which was a 50km round 4wd track, spent some time sliding in some mud, all the tyre tracks were to deep for my clearance so I had to make my own. Thankfully I purchased a Sub X sump guard before hand, a few dents in it now from some rocks, the plastic guard wouldn't have lasted long.

I think I may need to invest in a lift... I will be interested to see how yours goes Barry when you get it done.

I wasn't sure how to add photos so i have attached a few

Cheers

[/FONT]

Attachments didn't work, i will try again tomorrow. Apologies for the changes in font

Sounds like you had a great time. :ebiggrin:
Looking forward to seeing the pics of you adventure. :raz:

Regards
Mr Turbo

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Just a few... the majority of photos were sitting around a camp fire, not many offroad photos

Thanks for sharing. Great part of the country.

Which track was this? Looks like fun!

attachment.php

Pic 3 could have been out of a Subaru brochure. Lovely scenery

view.jpg

The scenery to the right of the Brumby was amazing... attached is only a fraction of it, i could not find a photo with it all. I believe Lake Frome is off in the distance.

Thanks for sharing. Great part of the country.

Which track was this? Looks like fun!

attachment.php

This is the Stirrup Iron Range 4wd track. Starts at Mulga View station.

We ended up parking the Outback at the top of that hill... the rocks only got bigger and we figured it wouldn't have the clearance, thankfully we did, it is approximately a 25km track and about half way through there is a spot which i wouldn't have been able to get through and it wouldn't have been easy turning around and going back the other way.

Back