My first attempt

Well if you really want to see it...................(still pains me to watch it)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdYjK9X8bio[/ame]

Not really deep but I was moving to fast and water filled fender,intake pulled air from fender at the time.

Ran for about 2 weeks then BLAM!

Early days! Gotta start somewhere! It take some guts to show your first efforts and take the criticisim on board without taking it personally.

There will always be someone that doesn't like something you've done, no matter how much effort you put into it...

Cheers

Bennie

What video camera and how did you mount it for the Mud Foz video?

I like the way the camera remained still and the car moved around it, or it appeared that way anyway.

Last edited:
What video camera and how did you mount it for the Mud Foz video?

I like the way the camera remained still and the car moved around it, or it appeared that way anyway.

I use a standard tripod slide the front left seat back as far as it will go, Have one leg facing the front and the other two at the rear triangle pointing forward.

Then get one of the cheapest cachet straps you can find $2.50 hook one end under the clove box and other end under the seat there is a bar that runs across the seat.Then over the top of the tripod just under where the camera goes.
Tighten it up till it's firm but not tight and it won't move, The camera has to be only millimeters from the windscreen that way you won't get to much reflection.
If you got a modern camera set it up before you start turn it on set the sleep time for 10 seconds so when your ready to video you just hit a button wake it up then hit the start button and away you go hit it again to stop easy

See my videos on the forum most anyway

Hope it makes sense

Jan

I use a standard tripod slide the front left seat back as far as it will go, Have one leg facing the front and the other two at the rear triangle pointing forward.

Hope it makes sense. - Sort of!

Jan

Is this the setup your talking about Jan or are the rear legs facing in another direction?

tripodi.jpg

I thought frogstar7055 may have used one of these Mini DV80 cameras that you can get cheaply from another Subaru Forum.
I bought one but I'm not very inventive at mounting it on the Forester, I have mounted it on the drivers side visor but it vibrates too much at times other times it is quite still.

Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4Y06TeJAA&feature=player_embedded#!

minidv80s.jpg

Back