Forester steel rim offset

SHANOS

Forum Member
Can anyone tell me what the offset is for the 16" std steel Forester rim off a 2005 model ? I am looking at fitting a set to my '98 model and wanted to check if there was any change from the old steel 15's....

Thanks guys , I was hoping that it would be less than that , to try and get some clearance on the rear strut / spring tower to allow for slightly taller tyres.... Ah well back to the drawing board.

Have you considered spacers? I've been running 3 mm spacers for a long time on my Forester with no adverse effects. I'm using them so my old school BBS wheels will clear 4 pots. With this set up there is still 7 good turns on my lugs which is sufficient. Wider spacers, like 5 mm ones, will require longer studs. Longer studs are not that big of a deal, but you are starting to get to the point where wheel bearing longevity can be an issue due to the increased offset.

Can anyone tell me what the offset is for the 16" std steel Forester rim off a 2005 model ? I am looking at fitting a set to my '98 model and wanted to check if there was any change from the old steel 15's....

If you put MY03 struts in the rear, you can go a 75 profile in 15 inch.

Back